Policy: Academic statements
This policy sets out the University’s principles on Academic statements.
This policy defines the University’s Academic statements and sets out the principles for their content, issuance and security in order to ensure that the information provided by the University about the academic achievement of individual students and graduates is appropriate, consistent and safeguarded.
This policy applies across the University.
Academic statements – include Graduation Statements, Academic Transcripts, and Testamurs.
Graduation Statement – An Australian Higher Education Graduation Statement (AHEGS), as specified by the Commonwealth describing: the award conferred to the graduate; selected achievements of the graduate; the University and; the Australian higher education system.
My eQuals - My eQuals is an online service that allows universities to issue secure digital records so that the recipients of those records (students and graduates) can access and share them with third parties. My eQuals contains the University’s certified academic statements. [https://www.myequals.edu.au/]
Official Academic Transcript – A record of an individual's academic history at ANU.
Testamur – A certificate representing the conferral of an award.
Unofficial Academic Transcript – A record of an individual's academic history at ANU including supplementary information required to monitor the student’s academic progress and for internal use only.
- Academic statements are issued to students and graduates to communicate their academic achievements with the formal authority of the University, and to celebrate those achievements in the centuries-old traditions of university education.
- The University complies with the Higher Education Standards Framework (Threshold Standards) 2021 (the Standards), and other Commonwealth requirements for the content, production, security, recording and issuance of Academic statements.
- The University’s Academic statements accurately reflect the achievements of students and graduates, are readily authenticated, and are secured against unauthorised modification through physical and/or electronic measures.
- The University issues three Academic statements:
- Official Academic Transcript (Transcript of Academic Record)
- Graduation Statement (Australian Higher Education Graduation Statement)
- Other academic records, such as letters of enrolment and results downloaded or printed from student self-service administration systems, have no official status as Academic statements, are not necessarily secured by electronic or physical measures, and are regarded as advisory only.