Policy: Academic statements
- Academic statements are issued to students and graduates to communicate their academic achievements with the formal authority of the University, and to celebrate those achievements in the centuries-old traditions of university education.
- The University complies with the Higher Education Standards Framework (Threshold Standards) 2015 (the Standards), the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) and other Commonwealth requirements for the content, production, security, recording and issuance of Academic statements.
- The University’s Academic statements accurately reflect the achievements of students and graduates, are readily authenticated, and are secured against unauthorised modification through physical and/or electronic measures.
- The University issues three Academic statements:
- Official Academic Transcript (Transcript of Academic Record)
- Graduation Statement (Australian Higher Education Graduation Statement)
- Other academic records, such as letters of enrolment and results downloaded or printed from student self-service administration systems, have no official status as Academic statements, are not necessarily secured by electronic or physical measures, and are regarded as advisory only.
|Printable version (PDF)|
|Purpose||This policy sets out the University’s principles on Academic statements.|
|Effective Date||12 Jan 2018|
|Review Date||14 Nov 2019|
|Responsible Officer:||Registrar, Student Administration|
|Contact Area||Division of Student Administration and Academic Services|
Higher Education Standards Framework (Threshold Standards) 2015
Australian Qualifications Framework