Policy: Admission and welfare of under 18 international students
This policy sets out the University’s principles for the admission and welfare arrangements of international students who are under the age of 18.
This policy sets out the standards, requirements, and welfare arrangements that the University follows and enforces when admitting international students under the age of 18.
This Policy applies to international students seeking to study at ANU before turning 18.
- The University admits international students under the age of 18 where:
- admission is compliant with Standard 5 of the National Code;
- Appropriate accommodation and welfare arrangements are in place prior to applying for a student visa.
- The arrangements are approved by the University.
- The arrangements are in place for the duration of the Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (ECoE) plus 7 days or until the student turns 18.
- The student is not significantly disadvantaged by studying when under 18;
- The University only admits international students under the age of 18 under the following living arrangements:
- The student lives with a parent or eligible relative of good character over the age of 21.
- The student lives in a University Hall of Residence.
- The student organises accommodation with an ANU approved homestay provider and a guardian through an ANU approved guardian service, and pays any fees and costs associated with these arrangements.
- Where the student has been living in Homestay prior to admission to ANU and wishes to continue to reside there.
|Printable version (PDF)|
|Title||Admission of international students under the age of 18|
|Purpose||This policy sets out the University’s principles for the admission and welfare arrangements of international students who are under the age of 18.|
|Audience||Students, Prospective Students|
|Effective Date||1 Jan 2009|
|Review Date||14 May 2018|
|Responsible Officer||Registrar, Student Life|
|Contact Area||Division of Student Life|
National Code of Practice for Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students 2018