- Advances will only be used where there is no practical alternate payment method.
- Advance recipients are required to:
- Sign agreed terms and conditions;
- Acknowledge receipt of the University funds; and
- Acquit advances in the specified timeframe and provide receipts and relevant evidence of the expenses incurred; and
- Where an advance is not fully acquitted within the timeframe, the outstanding amount will be treated as a debt to the recipient and the amount owing may give rise to a potential Fringe Benefits Tax (FBT) implication.
|Printable version (PDF)
|To inform staff of the requirements associated with issuing financial advances
|24 Nov 2022
|Next Review Date
|24 Nov 2027
|Chief Financial Officer
|Finance and Business Services
Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013
Information generated and received by ANU staff in the course of conducting business on behalf of ANU is a record and should be captured by an authorised recordkeeping system. To learn more about University records and recordkeeping practice at ANU, see ANU recordkeeping and Policy: Records and archives management.