Policy: ANU Drill Hall Gallery
- This policy governs the operation of the Drill Hall Gallery.
- It is the policy of the Drill Hall Gallery to enhance the reputation of The Australian National University as a patron, teacher and researcher of the visual arts by:
- presenting a selective program of diverse and stimulating exhibitions that highlight achievements in contemporary visual arts, both nationally and internationally;
- mounting link exhibitions developed in conjunction with the University's wide ranging academic interests or to coincide with major conferences and public events;
- showing exhibitions of an historical or social context or nature offered by touring agencies, including national, state and regional galleries, University galleries and overseas public cultural agencies such as the Goethe Institute, the Japan Foundation and the British Council;
- presenting lectures and seminars in conjunction with its exhibitions that will have a broad educational role;
- exhibiting work which would not usually be shown by a commercial/private gallery, such as work from public or private collections, work of an ephemeral nature, or work which is in other ways not commercially oriented.
- As a non-profit organisation, the Drill Hall Gallery has a policy of not selling any of the works that it exhibits.
|Printable version (PDF)|
|Title||ANU Drill Hall Gallery|
|Purpose||This procedure sets out the mechanisms relating to the ownership, management and curation of the ANU art collection, the operation of the ANU Drill Hall Gallery and the establishment of an advisory committee. The membership of the Advisory Committee has been expanded to include representation from ANU Heritage and an indigenous representative.|
|Topic/ SubTopic||Buildings & Grounds - Drill Hall Gallery|
|Effective Date||6 Sep 2019|
|Review Date||5 Sep 2022|
|Responsible Officer:||Director, Drill Hall Gallery|
|Contact Area||Drill Hall Gallery and University Art Collection|
On 9 April 2021, the ANU Council assigned authority to approve academic policy to the Academic Board.