Policy: Asset naming
To outline the principles under which the University will name its assets.
This policy sets out principles designed to guide the naming of assets of the University in recognition of individuals and groups who have made an exceptional contribution to the University’s past achievements and future activities.
The policy applies to all University assets (physical and non-physical), whether existing or proposed.
- Asset naming at the University is:
- Based upon outstanding achievement or contribution, as demonstrated through a transparent and rigorous process;
- Consistent with the recognition of achievement across the range of the University’s activities and with equal opportunity;
- Aligned with University priorities, reputation and principles of integrity and academic freedom;
- For a finite asset, and a finite time period, with the option of renewal available in some cases.
|Printable version (PDF)|
|Purpose||To outline the principles under which the University will name its assets.|
|Topic/ SubTopic||Buildings & Grounds - Names , Numbers & Signage|
|Effective Date||8 May 2001|
|Review Date||1 Apr 2019|
|Responsible Officer||Director, Alumni Relations and Philanthropy|
|Approved By:||ANU Council|
|Contact Area||Alumni Relations and Philanthropy|