Policy: Course outline (for 2018 and earlier)
To describe the standards which underpin the University’s provision of coursework course guides.
Guidance for provision of coursework course.
This policy applies across the University.
This policy applies for 2018 and earlier.
- ANU coursework courses have outlines that are:
- in alignment with the strategic directions of the University;
- consistent with the Higher Education Standards Framework (Threshold Standards);
- consistent with the academic standards of the University, as set out in University policies; and
- provided to students in an accessible and timely fashion.
Provision of Course Outlines
- Every student enrolled in a coursework course at ANU is given access to current and accurate information about that particular course in a format consistent with the University's course outline template. Students are able to access that information no later than two weeks prior to the start of teaching of the relevant course.
- In rare cases where a departure from the University course guide template is required, a case that includes documented evidence of need must be made to the College Education Committee and then to the Academic Quality Assurance Committee (AQAC) for approval.