Policy: Course outline
To describe the standards which underpin the University’s provision of coursework course guides.
Guidance for provision of coursework course.
This Policy applies across the University.
- ANU coursework courses have outlines that are:
- In alignment with the strategic directions of the University;
- consistent with the Higher Education Standards Framework (Threshold Standards);
- consistent with the academic standards of the University, as set out in University policies; and
- provided to students in an accessible and timely fashion.
Provision of Course Outlines
- Every student enrolled in a coursework course at ANU is given access to current and accurate information about that particular course in a format consistent with the University's course outline template. Students are able to access that information no later than two weeks prior to the start of teaching of the relevant course.
- In rare cases where a departure from the University course guide template is required, a case that includes documented evidence of need must be made to College Education Committee and then University Education Committee for approval.
|Printable version (PDF)|
|Purpose||To describe the standards which underpin the University’s provision of coursework course guides.|
|Topic/ SubTopic||Teaching & Learning|
|Effective Date||19 Jul 2016|
|Review Date||11 Dec 2018|
|Responsible Officer||Registrar, Student Administration|
|Contact Area||Division of Student Administration|
Assessment Rule 2016