Policy: Debt Management
- The standard University payment terms are 30 calendar days for non-student fee related payments. Any variation is approved by the Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
- Payment terms and recovery action for student-fee related debt is in accordance with the Student Fee Collection and Debt Management procedure.
- Recovery action of salary overpayments is conducted in accordance with the Staff Overpayments procedure.
- Overpayments are discontinued immediately and any consequential amounts owing to the University are treated as debt.
- International student debt collection activities are compliant with the Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) Act 2000.
- Only authorised delegates approve the non-recovery of a debt and under the following conditions:
- the non-recovery has been authorised by legislation; or
- the delegate is satisfied that the debt is not legally recoverable; or
- the delegate considers that it is not economical to pursue recovery of the debt.
- The costs of non-recovery of a debt are borne by the business area that raised the debt.
|Printable version (PDF)
|Debt management (receivables)
|To inform staff of the policy of minimising outstanding debts owed to the University
|Finance - Debtors
|29 Sep 2022
|Next Review Date
|29 Sep 2027
|Chief Financial Officer
|Finance and Business Services
Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013
Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Rule 2014
Information generated and received by ANU staff in the course of conducting business on behalf of ANU is a record and should be captured by an authorised recordkeeping system. To learn more about University records and recordkeeping practice at ANU, see ANU recordkeeping and Policy: Records and archives management.