Policy: Developing a sustainable workforce
To set out the principles for developing a sustainable ANU workforce.
Principles for a sustainable ANU workforce.
This policy applies across the University.
- The University seeks to ensure it has a sustainable workforce that will enable it to achieve its research, education and community outreach outcomes.
- The University will undertake workforce and succession planning as part of its overall planning to ensure that it is capable of delivering University staffing objectives now and into the future.
- A sustainable workforce refers to having the right people in the right place at the right time with the right capabilities and using the right technology.
- A sustainable workforce will take into account the unique factors for the university, and the leadership and staffing needs for each college/division. These factors may include:
- the future direction of each college's research and teaching disciplines; and
- continuity risks or areas where significant disruption may be felt if key staff were to depart.
- Workforce and succession planning will integrated with, and informed by, the ANU strategic plan and College strategic plans which identify the future directions of research and teaching disciplines.
- Colleges and Divisions need to assess their unique workforce and succession risks to develop evidence-based workforce strategies to integrate with their College / Divisional plans.
- Planning will be undertaken in accordance with relevant workforce planning and succession planning procedures and guidelines.
|Printable version (PDF)|
|Title||Developing a sustainable workforce|
|Purpose||To set out the principles for a sustainable ANU workforce ...|
|Audience||Staff, Staff-Academic, Staff-Professional|
|Topic/ SubTopic||Staff - Staff & Career Development|
|Effective Date||1 Apr 2019|
|Review Date||31 Dec 2022|
|Responsible Officer||Director, Human Resources|
|Contact Area||Human Resources Division|