Policy: Expenditure Approvals
To inform staff of the management of expenditure approvals.
The University's Delegations Framework designates authorised delegates who can approve the expenditure of funds. This policy deals with the management of expenditure transaction approvals (both accounts payable & purchase card).
This Policy applies across the University.
- Authorised delegates will be held personally accountable for expenditure which is not:
- Compliant with University policies and relevant legislation;
- Relevant to the business of the University;
- Efficient, effective, economical and ethical use of University resources;
- Within the budget limit of the relevant area; and
- Being paid to the legally entitled claimant.
- Authorised delegates must not approve any expenditure incurred by themselves or for their supervisor or more senior employee and must seek approval for expenditure from their supervisor. The approving supervisor must be an ANU Officer Level 8 or Academic Level C or above.
|Printable version (PDF)|
|Purpose||To inform staff how to manage expenditure transaction approvals; both payments to suppliers/vendors (accounts payable) & ANU purchase card.|
|Audience||Staff, Students, Affiliates|
|Topic/ SubTopic||Finance - Purchasing|
|Effective Date||24 Nov 2022|
|Next Review Date||23 Nov 2027|
|Responsible Officer:||Chief Financial Officer|
|Contact Area||Finance and Business Services|
Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013
Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Rule 2014
Information generated and received by ANU staff in the course of conducting business on behalf of ANU is a record and should be captured by an authorised recordkeeping system. To learn more about University records and recordkeeping practice at ANU, see ANU recordkeeping and Policy: Records and archives management.