Policy: Short-term financial assistance for students
- The provision of short-term financial assistance is:
- aligned with legislative requirements;
- undertaken with integrity and transparency;
- for unanticipated financial hardship;
- provided for a limited period; and
- determined on the basis of need.
- Long-term financial support is provided for through academic and equity-based awards.
|Printable version (PDF)|
|Title||Short-term financial assistance for students|
|Purpose||To outline the standards for the provision of short-term financial assistance for students.|
|Topic/ SubTopic||Students - Finance & Fees|
|Effective Date||3 Nov 2021|
|Next Review Date||3 Nov 2026|
|Responsible Officer:||Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Student and University Experience)|
|Approved By:||Academic Board|
|Contact Area||Office of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Student and University Experience)|
Australian National University Act 1991
Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013
Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Rule 2014
Privacy Act 1988
Information generated and received by ANU staff in the course of conducting business on behalf of ANU is a record and should be captured by an authorised recordkeeping system. To learn more about University records and recordkeeping practice at ANU, see ANU recordkeeping and Policy: Records and archives management.