Policy: Financial assistance for students
To outline the standards for the provision of short-term financial assistance for students.
This policy sets out principles for the financial support of individual students where unanticipated financial hardship may impact on a student’s capacity to further their studies.
This Policy applies to all short term financial support for students offered by the University.
- The provision of short-term financial assistance is:
- Aligned with legislative requirements;
- Undertaken with integrity and transparency;
- For unanticipated financial hardship;
- Provided for a limited period; and
- Determined on the basis of need rather than academic merit.
- Long-term financial support is provided for through academic and equity-based awards.
|Printable version (PDF)|
|Title||Financial assistance for students|
|Purpose||To outline the standards for the provision of short-term financial assistance for students.|
|Topic/ SubTopic||Students - Finance & Fees|
|Effective Date||26 May 2015|
|Review Date||25 May 2018|
|Responsible Officer||Registrar, Student Administration|
|Contact Area||Division of Student Administration|
Australian National University Act 1991