To inform staff and students of the University’s insurance program.
An overview of the University’s insurance program.
This Policy applies across the University.
- The University maintains insurance cover to protect students and staff members and to all individuals who enter into particular relationships with the University for a specified time period or time periods, for example members of Council and other University committees, visiting fellows, adjunct appointees, contractors, visitors and volunteers (referred to as ‘staff’ for the purposes of this policy) and assets against claims arising from:
- University related activities;
- natural occurrences; and
- other instances requiring coverage by law.
- The University maintains a Self-Insurance Reserve, as part of its insurance program, to cover insurance losses, which are not covered under the University’s commercial insurance program.
- The University will disclose to the insurer:
- any insurance risks; and
- any potential insurance claims or incidents.
|Printable version (PDF)|
|Purpose||To inform staff and students of the University Insurance program and procedures.|
|Topic/ SubTopic||Finance - Insurance|
|Effective Date||27 Sep 2022|
|Next Review Date||27 Sep 2027|
|Responsible Officer:||Chief Financial Officer|
|Contact Area||Finance and Business Services|
Information generated and received by ANU staff in the course of conducting business on behalf of ANU is a record and should be captured by an authorised recordkeeping system. To learn more about University records and recordkeeping practice at ANU, see ANU recordkeeping and Policy: Records and archives management.