Policy: Official sponsorships
- Registration of an official sponsorship is available to students who:
- Are being officially sponsored by an eligible organisation for their tuition fees (Domestic Tuition Fees (DTF), International Student Fees (ISF), or HECS Student Contribution), SA FEE and/or OSHC charges; and
- Submit the completed and signed official Notification of External Sponsorship form to the Student Finance Office (SFO) prior to the commencement of their program.
- Sponsored students remain ultimately responsible for the payment of all fees and charges, including those covered by a sponsorship arrangement. Failure to pay can result in penalties and withdrawal of services under the ANU Fees Rule.
- Organisations are eligible to sponsor some or all of the tuition fees, SA FEE and/or OSHC for a student enrolled in a program at ANU.
- Organisations eligible to provide sponsorship to students include universities, employers (where they are organisations rather than individuals), not-for-profit organisations (such as charities) and government agencies.
- The Student Finance Office conducts due diligence checks for new sponsorships and reserves the right to not accept a sponsor for billing purposes.
- Official sponsorships are for a set period of time (such as one semester, one year, a student’s whole program), or for a set dollar amount or percentage of a student’s tuition fees and/or charges.
- Invoices are sent directly to the sponsor after the census date of each semester and session.
- Sponsored students are responsible for ensuring that all fees are paid on time.
Privacy and confidentiality
- Student enrolment details, results or personal information is not released to the official sponsor unless the student provides the University with a signed Consent to the Disclosure of Personal Information form. The Consent to the Disclosure of Personal Information form can be downloaded from https://www.anu.edu.au/students/contacts/consent-to-the-disclosure-of-personal-information-process
- Sponsorships are not accepted from organisations on which sanctions have been placed by either the United Nations Security Council through UN Security Council Sanctions, or the Australian Government through Australian autonomous sanctions. More information regarding sanctions can be obtained from http://www.dfat.gov.au/sanctions/.
|Printable version (PDF)|
|Purpose||To provide for official sponsorship of students at the Australian National University.|
|Audience||Staff, Students, Prospective Students|
|Effective Date||9 Nov 2020|
|Review Date||9 Nov 2023|
|Responsible Officer:||Registrar, Student Administration|
|Contact Area||Division of Student Administration and Academic Services|
On 9 April 2021, the ANU Council assigned authority to approve academic policy to the Academic Board.