Policy: Official sponsorships
To provide for official sponsorship of students at the Australian National University.
This policy sets out the terms and conditions for students and sponsors who are registered with ANU as officially sponsored students and official sponsors. Where students are registered as officially sponsored (i.e. the sponsor has assumed the liability for the student’s fees and other charges, and would make a payment directly to the ANU), invoices for tuition fees and other charges such as Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) and Student Amenities Fee (SA FEE) will be e-mailed directly to the registered sponsor.
This policy applies to all students and external sponsors.
- Registration of an official sponsorship is available to students who:
- Are being officially sponsored by an organisation (see section on Sponsors for examples of eligible sponsors) for their tuition fees (DTF, ISF, or Student Contribution), Student Amenities Fee (SA FEE) and/or OSHC charges; and
- Complete and sign the official Notification of Sponsorship form and provide ANU with the completed form before the commencement date of the program.
- Sponsored students remain ultimately responsible for the payment of all fees and charges, including those covered by a sponsorship arrangement. Failure to pay can result in penalties and withdrawal of services under the Fee Rules.
- Organisations are eligible to sponsor some or all of the fees for a student enrolled in an award at ANU.
- Organisations that provide sponsorship to students include universities, employers where they are organisations rather than individuals, and not for profit organisations of various types e.g. charities, or government agencies.
- The University reserves the right not to accept a sponsor for billing purposes.
- The duration of an official sponsorship can be for periods longer (or shorter) than a year, as well as for only a portion of each fee.
- Invoices will be sent to the sponsor at the beginning of each session. If a sponsored student alters their enrolment, the sponsor may receive subsequent invoices from the University.
- The University will issue invoices in Australian Dollars only.
- Payment for invoices must be made within the time period specified on the invoice. All payments must be made in Australian Dollars only.
Privacy and confidentiality
- Student enrolment details, results or personal information cannot be released to the official sponsor unless the student has provided the University with a signed Consent to the Disclosure of Personal Information form. The Consent to the Disclosure of Personal Information form can be downloaded from http://www.anu.edu.au/files/resource/Consent-form.pdf
- Sponsorships cannot be accepted from an organisation on which sanctions have been placed by either the United Nations Security Council through UN Security Council Sanctions, or the Australian Government through Australian autonomous sanctions. More information regarding sanctions can be obtained from http://www.dfat.gov.au/sanctions/.
|Printable version (PDF)|
|Purpose||To provide for official sponsorship of students at the Australian National University.|
|Audience||Staff, Students, Prospective Students|
|Effective Date||19 Dec 2017|
|Review Date||19 Dec 2020|
|Responsible Officer||Registrar, Student Administration|
|Contact Area||Division of Student Administration|