- University purchasing activities shall seek value for money.
- University purchasing shall be conducted in a manner that encourages competition amongst suppliers, generating opportunities to achieve the best outcome for the University.
- University funds must be used solely for the purposes of the University in an efficient, effective and ethical manner.
- University purchasing activities shall be undertaken in accordance with the principles of accountability and transparency (and with regard to Procurement Probity Policy and Procedures).
- University procurement shall be conducted in accordance with the principles outlined in the Procurement Procedure, with particular attention paid to the requirements associated with various procurement thresholds.
|Printable version (PDF)|
|Purpose||To inform staff of the framework for purchasing goods and services with University funds|
|Topic/ SubTopic||Finance - Purchasing|
|Effective Date||6 May 2011|
|Review Date||30 Jun 2019|
|Responsible Officer:||Chief Financial Officer|
|Contact Area||Finance and Business Services|
Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013
On 9 April 2021, the ANU Council assigned authority to approve academic policy to the Academic Board.