To inform staff of the framework for purchasing goods and services with University funds.
To provide the framework for purchasing good and services with University funds.
This Policy applies across the University.
- University purchasing activities shall seek value for money.
- University purchasing shall be conducted in a manner that encourages competition amongst suppliers, generating opportunities to achieve the best outcome for the University.
- University funds must be used solely for the purposes of the University in an efficient, effective and ethical manner.
- University purchasing activities shall be undertaken in accordance with the principles of accountability and transparency (and with regard to Procurement Probity Policy and Procedures).
- University procurement shall be conducted in accordance with the principles outlined in the Procurement Procedure, with particular attention paid to the requirements associated with various procurement thresholds.
|Printable version (PDF)|
|Purpose||To inform staff of the framework for purchasing goods and services with University funds|
|Topic/ SubTopic||Finance - Purchasing|
|Effective Date||6 May 2011|
|Review Date||6 May 2014|
|Responsible Officer||Chief Financial Officer|
|Contact Area||Finance and Business Services|
Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013