Policy: Purchase card
To inform users of the University corporate purchasing card facility, and its associated obligations.
This policy outlines the principles for ANU purchase card use.
This policy applies across the University.
- The University provides a purchase card facility to enable efficient and secure purchase of goods and services in support of University activities.
- Purchase cards can only be provided to a staff member or visiting and honorary appointment (VaHA) who holds a purchasing delegation.
- Allocation of a purchase card entails a number of responsibilities for the cardholder, as detailed in the Cardholder Agreement and Purchase Card Procedure.
- The purchase card can only be used for legitimate University purchases.
- Misuse of the University purchase card facility is a breach of the Code of Conduct – see requirements in the Code of Conduct to comply with the general duties specified in the Public Governance, Performance & Accountability Act 2013 (Cth). A breach of the Code of Conduct may result in disciplinary action, including the possible termination of an official’s position. The cardholder will also be responsible for all charges incurred.
Delegations Relevant to this Policy
- 000220: Finance Delegation: Authority to purchase goods and services (including the signing of related purchasing contracts) within budget limit.