Policy: Transfer between registered providers (release for student visa holders)
To outline the standards for releasing international student visa holders seeking to enrol at another registered education provider.
International student visa holder releases issued by the University comply with the Education Services for Overseas Students Act 2000 and the requirements of Standard 7 of the National Code of Practice for Registration Authorities and Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students 2018.
This policy applies across the University.
- The Australian National University releases students from the University in circumstances that comply with:
- the Education Services for Overseas Student Act 2000;
- the National Code of Practice for Registration Authorities and Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students 2018; and
- International Student Visa requirements.
- Where there is a release granted to the student, it is at no cost to that student.
|Printable version (PDF)|
|Title||Transfer between registered providers (release letter)|
|Purpose||To outline the standards for issuing release letters to international student visa holders seeking to enrol at another registered provider.|
|Effective Date||25 Feb 2021|
|Next Review Date||23 Dec 2025|
|Responsible Officer:||Registrar, Student Administration|
|Contact Area||Division of Student Administration and Academic Services|
Education Services for Overseas Students Act 2000
National Code of Practice for Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students 2018
Higher Education Standards Framework (Threshold Standards) 2021
Australian Qualifications Framework
Information generated and received by ANU staff in the course of conducting business on behalf of ANU is a record and should be captured by an authorised recordkeeping system. To learn more about University records and recordkeeping practice at ANU, see ANU recordkeeping and Policy: Records and archives management.