Policy: Unsatisfactory performance and misconduct
To inform staff of the principles that underpin the management of unsatisfactory performance and misconduct at the University.
Where unsatisfactory performance or misconduct has been identified, this policy seeks to support and enable staff to perform at their best, in order to continue to contribute to the ongoing success of the University.
This policy applies across the University.
Performance and conduct expectations
- The University will endeavour to assist staff members to perform to a high standard through the setting of performance objectives against University goals, regular feedback and the provision of development opportunities.
- The University's conduct expectations are specified in University Codes, including the Code of Conduct and Codes of Practice.
Managing unsatisfactory performance and misconduct
- Where a staff member is not able to demonstrate performance or conduct to a satisfactory standard, action will be taken to address the unsatisfactory performance or misconduct. Such action will occur in a timely manner.
- The preferred outcome of an unsatisfactory performance or misconduct process is that a staff member will improve his or her performance to contribute to the ongoing success of the University.
- Unsatisfactory performance or misconduct that is not remediated may result in disciplinary action. Serious misconduct may result in termination of employment
6. A staff member:
- will be afforded procedural fairness;
- may seek procedural advice from Human Resources;
- has the right to representation; and
- may seek a review of decision.
|Printable version (PDF)|
|Title||Unsatisfactory performance and misconduct|
|Purpose||To inform staff of the principles that underpin the management of unsatisfactory performance and misconduct at the University.|
|Audience||Staff, Staff-Academic, Staff-Professional|
|Topic/ SubTopic||Staff - Performance Expectations|
|Effective Date||23 Aug 2016|
|Review Date||31 Dec 2017|
|Responsible Officer||Director, Human Resources|
|Contact Area||Human Resources Division|
ANU Enterprise Agreement 2017 – 2021