Policy: Unsatisfactory performance and misconduct
Performance and conduct expectations
- The University endeavours to assist staff members to perform to a high standard through the setting of performance objectives against University goals, regular feedback and the provision of development opportunities.
- The University's conduct expectations are specified in University Codes, including the Code of Conduct and Codes of Practice.
Managing unsatisfactory performance and misconduct
- Where a staff member is not able to demonstrate performance or conduct to a satisfactory standard, action is taken to address the unsatisfactory performance or misconduct. Such action occurs in a timely manner.
- The preferred outcome of an unsatisfactory performance or misconduct process is that a staff member improves his or her performance to contribute to the ongoing success of the University.
- Unsatisfactory performance or misconduct that is not remediated may result in disciplinary action. Serious misconduct may result in termination of employment.
6. A staff member:
- is afforded procedural fairness;
- may seek procedural advice from Human Resources;
- has the right to representation; and
- may seek a review of decision.
|Printable version (PDF)|
|Title||Unsatisfactory performance and misconduct|
|Purpose||To inform staff of the principles that underpin the management of unsatisfactory performance and misconduct at the University.|
|Audience||Staff, Staff-Academic, Staff-Professional, Staff-Academic-Research|
|Topic/ SubTopic||Staff - Performance Expectations|
|Effective Date||6 Sep 2018|
|Next Review Date||31 Jan 2024|
|Responsible Officer:||Chief People Officer|
|Contact Area||Human Resources Division|
ANU Enterprise Agreement 2017 – 2021
Information generated and received by ANU staff in the course of conducting business on behalf of ANU is a record and should be captured by an authorised recordkeeping system. To learn more about University records and recordkeeping practice at ANU, see ANU recordkeeping and Policy: Records and archives management.