Policy: Motor Vehicle Home Garaging
To govern the principles and procedures associated with the home garaging of University managed motor vehicles.
Principles associated with the home garaging of University managed motor vehicles.
This policy applies across the University.
Motor Vehicle – For the purposes of this policy, a motor vehicle is:
- a vehicle designed to carry a load of more than 1 tonne or more than 9 passengers; and
- has a GST-inclusive value less than the luxury car tax threshold (as published by the ATO) at the time the vehicle was acquired.
- Home garaging is the permission granted to a staff member to operate a University managed motor vehicle between their usual place of work at the University and residence.
- Home garaging is permitted when there is an approved arrangement using the Home Garaging of an ANU Vehicle form.
- Home garaging arrangements are managed in accordance with the Home Garaging procedure.
|Printable version (PDF)|
|Title||Vehicle home garaging|
|Purpose||To govern the principles and procedures associated with the home garaging of University motor vehicles|
|Topic/ SubTopic||Travel & Transport - Vehicles|
|Effective Date||27 Sep 2022|
|Next Review Date||27 Sep 2027|
|Responsible Officer:||Chief Financial Officer|
|Contact Area||Finance and Business Services|
Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013
Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Rule 2014
Information generated and received by ANU staff in the course of conducting business on behalf of ANU is a record and should be captured by an authorised recordkeeping system. To learn more about University records and recordkeeping practice at ANU, see ANU recordkeeping and Policy: Records and archives management.