Procedure: Conference Leave
- Conference leave for staff is provided for under the ANU Staff Leave policy.
- A delegate may approve attendance by staff members at conferences of two months or less which are relevant to the staff member's employment at the University.
- During attendance at conferences staff members are assumed to be ‘on duty' and are expected to conduct themselves at all times in accordance with the University's Code of Conduct.
- Salary and travel related costs will be paid to staff members who attend conferences when directed to do so by the delegate.
- The University may also contribute to the attendance cost at conferences for staff members who apply to the delegate to attend a conference which is relevant to their employment.
- The staff member will be required to prepare a report on or make a presentation to the College/Division on the conference when they return.
- ANU online travel approval form must be used and the Travel Policy and all travel related procedures are followed when undertaking travel to attend conferences.
- A delegate must exercise their delegation to approve leave in accordance with the conditions and approval arrangements specified in this procedure.
- Approval of leave beyond those provided for through this procedure requires approval of the Director, Human Resources or the Vice-Chancellor.
|Printable version (PDF)
|To outline the procedure for applying for and taking conference leave at ANU
|Staff - Leave & Absences
|1 Apr 2019
|Next Review Date
|1 Apr 2024
|Chief People Officer
|Chief Operating Officer
|Human Resources Division
The Australian National University Enterprise Agreement 2023-2026
Information generated and received by ANU staff in the course of conducting business on behalf of ANU is a record and should be captured by an authorised recordkeeping system. To learn more about University records and recordkeeping practice at ANU, see ANU recordkeeping and Policy: Records and archives management.