Procedure: Supplier Record Management
- All suppliers, regardless of size, invoice value or location, currently require the same supplier and two-step bank account verification procedure.
- The setting up of a new supplier requires the following vendor information:
- trading name;
- billing address;
- payment information such as bank account details;
- contact number;
- Australian Business Number or Australian Company Number (if applicable);
- The Division of Shared Services confirms the identity of new suppliers by independently verifying the information via a two-step process involving:
- Collection of supplier details via a Supplier Details Form; and
- Verification of those details by out-of-band communication methods (such as phone or video conference.
- If the Division of Shared Services is unable to independently verify the information, the purchase order is not raised or payment is withheld and referred to Finance and Business Services.
- For changes to existing supplier records, the supplier sends a change request to the Division of Shared Services (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The Division of Shared Services independently verifies the change request to confirm the request is legitimate and valid.
- If the Division of Shared Services is unable to independently verify the change request, changes are not made and the matter is referred to Finance and Business Services.
Business Email Compromise
Payments to Employees, Students and Persons of Interest
- Employees, students and persons of interest are not considered suppliers under the Supplier Record Management policy.
- However, they are included in this procedure as their details are captured as supplier records for the sole purpose of processing payments such as reimbursements for expenditure incurred on behalf of the University.
- Supplier records for employees and persons of interest are created using information from the Human Resources Management System (HRMS).
- Supplier records for students are created using information from the Interactive Student Information System (ISIS).
- Employees, student and persons of interest are to ensure their details in HRMS and ISIS are correct and up-to-date prior to submitting requests for payment.
|Printable version (PDF)|
|Title||Supplier record management|
|Purpose||To ensure accurate vendor records.|
|Topic/ SubTopic||Finance - Chart of Accounts|
|Effective Date||24 Nov 2022|
|Next Review Date||24 Nov 2027|
|Responsible Officer:||Chief Financial Officer|
|Approved By:||Chief Operating Officer|
|Contact Area||Finance and Business Services|
Information generated and received by ANU staff in the course of conducting business on behalf of ANU is a record and should be captured by an authorised recordkeeping system. To learn more about University records and recordkeeping practice at ANU, see ANU recordkeeping and Policy: Records and archives management.