To ensure accurate vendor records.
- Staff undertaking procurement activities have a responsibility to confirm vendor details and to ensure the purchase complies with University Purchasing Policy.
- The default payment terms for the University are 21 days from the invoice date. A request to change the payment terms from the default must be accompanied by a valid reason and will be considered by Senior Manager, Financial Operations on a case by case basis.
Bank Account Details
- If the bank account details cannot be verified against independent documentation the default payment option for the vendor will be set to cheque.
- In accordance with ATO requirements, ANU requires full address details for all vendors. No new vendors will be created with ANU as the address unless they are a commercial entity on campus, have a personal post box at the LPO (Local Post Office) or live in a Hall of Residence.
Payments to Employees, Students and Persons of Interest
- Vendor records for Employees, Students and Persons of Interest shall be established using the Get Employee/student function.
- Bank details for employees and students should be updated on the respective (HR/Student) system.
- Persons of Interest will default to a payment method of cheque. A separate request (including independent documentation) to add the bank account details should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Detailed guidance in relation to vendors is available on the Finance and Business Services Website.