Procedure: Staff representation training
To inform staff as to the procedures involved in Representation Training.
- The framework for staff consultation at the ANU is provided for in the Staff consultation and organisational change policy.
- A staff member and/or union representative may be granted a leave of absence to undertake training or attend authorised national union conferences, subject to:
- provision of reasonable notice,
- the operating requirements of the University, and
- the scope, content and level of training being appropriate for the staff member's role representing other staff and enhancing productive relationships and working arrangements.
- Leave of absence will be paid at the staff member's ordinary pay, excluding shift and overtime payments.
- The University will provide appropriate time release arrangements for University staff who are official union representatives to attend to recognised union business.
|Printable version (PDF)|
|Title||Staff representation training|
|Purpose||To inform staff of the procedures involved in staff representation training.|
|Audience||Staff, Staff-Academic, Staff-Academic-Research, Staff-Professional|
|Topic/ SubTopic||Staff - Staff & Career Development|
|Effective Date||15 Oct 2018|
|Review Date||31 Mar 2022|
|Responsible Officer||Director, Human Resources|
|Approved By:||Chief Operating Officer|
|Contact Area||Human Resources Division|
Work Health & Safety Act 2011