Procedure: University staff consultative committee
To inform staff as to the procedures involved in the formation and operation of the University Staff Consultative Committee.
- The framework for staff consultation at the ANU is provided for in the ANU Staff Consultation policy.
- The University has established the University Staff Consultative Committee as a consultative committee for staff employment matters, in particular to:
- provide a forum for the University to consult with staff representatives about matters of significance affecting the University and staff.
- provide oversight to the operations and effectiveness of the Local Area Consultative Committees.
- The committee will comprise individual staff representatives nominated by staff from time to time; and representatives from those unions who have members at the University, as nominated from time to time.
- The Committee membership is as follows:
Director - Human Resources (Chair)
University Adviser to Staff
Other representatives as may be nominated by the Vice-Chancellor from time to time
One staff representative from each Local Area Consultative Committee
A nominated academic staff representative of the National Tertiary Education Union
A nominated professional staff representative of the National Tertiary Education Union
- A staff member of the Human Resources Division nominated by the Director, Human Resources
- The Committee has no decision-making authority and functions as a forum for exchange of information. The Committee may make recommendation to the Vice-Chancellor in an advisory capacity.
- The Committee is not involved in dispute or grievance resolution as separate processes exist within University policy for such matters.
- The establishment of the USCC does not limit the University's use of Local Area Consultative Committees (LACCs), staff focus groups or workplace forums when consulting on staff workplace matters.
|Printable version (PDF)|
|Title||University staff consultative committee|
|Purpose||To inform staff of the procedures involved in the formation and operation of the University Staff Consultative Committee.|
|Effective Date||19 Aug 2010|
|Review Date||30 Jun 2013|
|Responsible Officer||Director, Human Resources|
|Approved By:||Chief Operating Officer|
|Contact Area||Human Resources Division|