Procedure: University staff consultative committee
- The framework for staff consultation at the ANU is provided for in the ANU Staff consultation and organisational change policy.
- The University has established the University Staff Consultative Committee (USCC) as a consultative committee for staff employment matters, in particular to:
- provide a forum for the University to consult with staff representatives about matters of significance affecting the University and staff; and
- provide oversight to the operations and effectiveness of the Local Area Consultative Committees.
- The USCC will comprise individual staff representatives nominated by staff from time to time; and representatives from those unions who have members at the University, as nominated from time to time.
- The USCC will comprise of:
Director - Human Resources (Chair)
University Adviser to Staff
Other representatives as may be nominated by the Vice-Chancellor from time to time
One staff representative from each Local Area Consultative Committee
A nominated academic staff representative of the National Tertiary Education Union
A nominated professional staff representative of the National Tertiary Education Union
- The USCC will be supported by a Human Resources Division staff member, nominated by the Director, Human Resources
- The USCC has no decision-making authority and functions as a forum for exchange of information. The Committee may make recommendation to the Vice-Chancellor in an advisory capacity.
- The USCC is not involved in dispute or grievance resolution as separate processes exist within University policy for such matters.
- The establishment of the USCC does not limit the University's use of Local Area Consultative Committees (LACCs), staff focus groups or workplace forums when consulting on staff workplace matters.
|Printable version (PDF)|
|Title||University staff consultative committee|
|Purpose||To inform staff of the procedures involved in the formation and operation of the University Staff Consultative Committee.|
|Effective Date||1 Apr 2019|
|Next Review Date||1 Apr 2024|
|Responsible Officer:||Chief People Officer|
|Approved By:||Chief Operating Officer|
|Contact Area||Human Resources Division|
Information generated and received by ANU staff in the course of conducting business on behalf of ANU is a record and should be captured by an authorised recordkeeping system. To learn more about University records and recordkeeping practice at ANU, see ANU recordkeeping and Policy: Records and archives management.