Procedure: Local Area Consultative Committees
- The framework for staff consultation at ANU is provided for in the ANU Staff consultation and organisational change policy.
- Local Area Consultative Committees (LACCs) provide a forum for staff of each work area with an opportunity to discuss local matters of significance and for discussion of future directions of the University.
- LACCs are not involved in dispute or staff grievance resolution, as separate processes exist within University policy for dealing with such matters.
- LACCs are advisory committees and may make recommendations to the budget area manager.
- Each LACC is entitled to send a representative to the University Staff Consultative Committee (USCC) meetings to optimise information flow and input for policy formation.
- All Colleges and Service Divisions are encouraged to establish and maintain one or more LACCs. Membership is to include representatives of area management and academic and professional staff representatives. Election\selection of LACC members will be a matter for each area to determine.
- It is up to each LACC to decide on its operating procedures, although it is expected that LACCS would meet at least four times each year and produce minutes\action lists available to staff of the area.
|Printable version (PDF)|
|Title||Local Area Consultative Committees|
|Purpose||To inform staff as to the procedures involved in the formation and operation of the Local Area Consultative Committees.|
|Topic/ SubTopic||Staff - Delegations|
|Effective Date||5 Dec 2022|
|Next Review Date||5 Dec 2027|
|Responsible Officer:||Chief People Officer|
|Approved By:||Chief Operating Officer|
|Contact Area||Human Resources Division|
ANU Enterprise Agreement 2017 – 2021
Information generated and received by ANU staff in the course of conducting business on behalf of ANU is a record and should be captured by an authorised recordkeeping system. To learn more about University records and recordkeeping practice at ANU, see ANU recordkeeping and Policy: Records and archives management.