Procedure: Course outline - 2018 and earlier
For 2019 onwards please refer to Class Summary procedure ANUP 018809
To describe the University’s requirements regarding the preparation, review and provision of course outlines for coursework courses.
This procedure applies for 2018 and earlier.
- The University's course outline template will be used to develop a course outline for every coursework course.
- Course outlines are written in English. Non-English versions may be offered in addition to English versions upon approval by the relevant College Education Committee.
- Sections specified in the University course outline template cannot be removed without approval for an exemption from the Academic Quality Assurance Committee (AQAC). Sections can be added to course outlines with the approval of College Education Committee. Requests for the addition of sections must include documented evidence of need.
- Course outlines will be approved by the relevant Head of School or a specified delegated authority.
- For courses commencing on or after 1 January 2017, course outlines will be made available to students no less than two weeks prior to the start of the course.
- Amendment to any section of any course outline after the second week of the semester or trimester, or after 10% of a course taught in a non-standard session has elapsed, must be approved by the Associate Dean (Education) (AD(E)) or delegated authority. Where possible students should be consulted about proposed amendments and their feedback communicated to the AD(E) before the AD(E) approves changes. Approvals will only be considered in cases of serious, unforeseen and documented cases of need. Students enrolled in the course will be notified of any changes approved by the AD(E).
- Course outlines will form part of the evidence used by Colleges to make determinations about the reaccreditation of courses.
- Implementation of the template is phased to coordinate with regular and triggered course reviews undertaken by Colleges. All courses must have an outline that aligns with the University's template by no later than 1 January 2016.
|Printable version (PDF)|
|Purpose||To describe the University’s requirements regarding the preparation, review and provision of course outlines for coursework courses.|
|Topic/ SubTopic||Teaching & Learning|
|Effective Date||5 Jul 2016|
|Review Date||4 Jul 2019|
|Responsible Officer||Registrar, Student Administration|
|Approved By:||Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic)|
|Contact Area||Division of Student Administration|