Guideline: Use of the ANU Brand Standards
- Staff, students and affiliates must contact the Associate Director, Brand and Marketing Services when they wish to use the ANU Identity:
- for non-core University purposes
- outside of the ANU Identity Guidelines.
This includes but is not limited to:
- co-branding and affiliated marketing
- use of the University name and/or insignia as part of a commercialisation proposal or venture
- registration of any trade or service mark of The Australian National University in Australia or any other country
- when an individual or unit wishes to use the University name, or the name of a business unit within the University, on any merchandise;
- when an ANU staff member wishes to use the ANU insignia to endorse any product or service
- when third parties and independent brands, separate to ANU, or entities who have an association with ANU but are not part of the University’s core business function (e.g. student run clubs, retail facilities on campus), want to use the University name or insignia in their business name as a part of their identity.
- As per the University’s Code of Conduct Policy, the University and its members have a responsibility to uphold the good name of the University and exercise judgement in the best interests of the University. To achieve this University members must follow the ANU Identity Guidelines.
- Colleges, schools, centres and other organisational units must be identified at all times as a part of the University with the University name and, where appropriate, insignia prominently and appropriately used.
- Organisational units that are co-funded by the University must apply the appropriate University insignia as per the ANU Identity Guidelines. Any business unit or area wishing to deviate from the Masterbrand must contact ISFSD in the first instance.
- Individual College names shall always be preceded by ANU i.e. “ANU College of Law”.
- Use of the University name by staff and students must comply with the University’s Code of conduct and Academic expertise and public debate policy. University members may use the University name to identify themselves in the course of official University business or to refer to the source of their employment or qualifications in relation to their professional expertise.
|Printable version (PDF)|
|Title||ANU brand standards|
|Purpose||The ANU Brand Standards (also known as the Corporate Style Manual or Style Guide) provides clear guidelines on the appearance of the University's external materials (publications, websites etc), including usage of the logo. This assists the University in protecting our brand identity and allows us to be consistent in the way ANU is represented.|
|Topic/ SubTopic||Marketing & Communications - University Branding|
|Effective Date||4 Aug 2010|
|Next Review Date||1 Dec 2014|
|Responsible Officer:||Director International Strategy and Future Student Division|
|Approved By:||International Strategy and Future Students Division|
|Contact Area||International Strategy and Future Students Division|