Policy: Motor vehicle acquisition
This document informs staff of the requirements for purchasing University vehicles.
This policy provides the guiding principles associated with purchasing University vehicles.
This Policy applies across the University.
- All motor vehicle purchases are subject to the provisions outlined in the motor vehicle acquisition procedure.
- Procurement thresholds do not apply for University vehicles purchased through SG Fleet/Commonwealth Fleet Management Agreement discount structures. Procurement thresholds apply to all other vehicle purchases.
- An appropriately delegated officer must approve the inclusion of a vehicle entitlement as part of a remuneration contract. All vehicle entitlements for Senior Managers must also be referred to the Senior Manager Remunerations Committee for approval.
- A motor vehicle entitlement included in a remuneration contract may be accessed via one of the options detailed in the Motor Vehicle acquisition procedure.
- University vehicles must be purchased through the SG Fleet/Commonwealth Fleet Management agreement discount structures unless authority is provided by the delegate to purchase outside these arrangements.
- All University vehicle purchases must be arranged through University Fleet Services.
Delegations relevant to this policy
- 000157: HR Delegation: Approve University motor vehicle (or equivalent allowance) as part of salary package
- 000159: HR Delegation: Approve University motor vehicle (or equivalent allowance) for Deans, Directors and other academic staff
- 000227: Finance Delegation: Purchase pool and research vehicles for the ANU Fleet
- 000228: Finance Delegation: Approve purchase of a vehicle with a private use component (except at the time of appointment)