Policy: Motor vehicle acquisition
- All motor vehicle purchases are subject to the provisions outlined in the motor vehicle acquisition procedure.
- Procurement thresholds do not apply for University vehicles purchased through SG Fleet/Commonwealth Fleet Management Agreement discount structures. Procurement thresholds apply to all other vehicle purchases.
- An appropriately delegated officer must approve the inclusion of a vehicle entitlement as part of a remuneration contract. All vehicle entitlements for Senior Managers must also be referred to the Senior Manager Remunerations Committee for approval.
- A motor vehicle entitlement included in a remuneration contract may be accessed via one of the options detailed in the Motor Vehicle acquisition procedure.
- University vehicles must be purchased through the SG Fleet/Commonwealth Fleet Management agreement discount structures unless authority is provided by the delegate to purchase outside these arrangements.
- All University vehicle purchases must be arranged through University Fleet Services.
Delegations relevant to this policy
- 000157: HR Delegation: Approve University motor vehicle (or equivalent allowance) as part of salary package
- 000159: HR Delegation: Approve University motor vehicle (or equivalent allowance) for Deans, Directors and other academic staff
- 000227: Finance Delegation: Purchase pool and research vehicles for the ANU Fleet
- 000228: Finance Delegation: Approve purchase of a vehicle with a private use component (except at the time of appointment)
|Printable version (PDF)|
|Title||Motor vehicle acquisition|
|Purpose||To govern the principles and procedures of the acquisition of motor vehicles purchased on behalf of the Australian National University.|
|Topic/ SubTopic||Finance - Purchasing|
|Effective Date||19 Aug 2015|
|Review Date||17 Sep 2023|
|Responsible Officer:||Chief Financial Officer|
|Contact Area||Finance and Business Services|
Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013
On 9 April 2021, the ANU Council assigned authority to approve academic policy to the Academic Board.