Policy: Motor Vehicle Acquisition
- All ANU motor vehicles are leased. Purchase of a vehicle requires the approval from the delegate of the business area and the University Procurement and Contracts Office (UPCO).
- University motor vehicles are purchased through the Commonwealth Fleet Management arrangement unless the authorised delegate approves purchases outside the arrangement.
- University motor vehicles acquired through the Commonwealth Fleet Management arrangement are exempted from procurement threshold requirements.
- All University motor vehicle acquisitions are arranged through UPCO.
- A motor vehicle entitlement included in an employment contract is accessed through one of the options detailed in the Motor Vehicle Acquisition procedure.
|Printable version (PDF)|
|Title||Motor vehicle acquisition|
|Purpose||To govern the principles and procedures of the acquisition of motor vehicles purchased on behalf of the Australian National University.|
|Topic/ SubTopic||Finance - Purchasing|
|Effective Date||27 Sep 2022|
|Next Review Date||27 Sep 2027|
|Responsible Officer:||Chief Financial Officer|
|Contact Area||Finance and Business Services|
Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013
|Delegations||000157, 000159, 000220, 000227, 000228|
Information generated and received by ANU staff in the course of conducting business on behalf of ANU is a record and should be captured by an authorised recordkeeping system. To learn more about University records and recordkeeping practice at ANU, see ANU recordkeeping and Policy: Records and archives management.