Policy: Motor vehicle disposal
This document informs staff of the requirements for the disposal of University vehicles.
This policy stipulates the disposal methods available for the sale of University motor vehicle assets and the recommended change over schedule for different classes of University motor vehicle assets.
This Policy applies across the University.
- All motor vehicle disposals are subject to the provisions outlined in the motor vehicle disposal procedure.
- The University will dispose of University vehicles using one of three methods (unless specified otherwise by the Vice-Chancellor):
- Fixed price cars: pre-auction sales for ANU staff only.
- Fixed price cars: pre-auction sales.
- General vehicle auction.
- The University recommends the following changeover schedule for University vehicles:
- Pool vehicles (passenger cars): three years or 40,000km.
- Private use vehicles: two years or 40,000km.
- Former option 2 “cost model” private use vehicles: three years or 40,000 km.
- Trade / commercial vehicles: five years or 40,000km (or as agreed with the local area)
- Field work vehicles: two years or 40,000km (or as agreed with the local area)
- Specialty vehicles (forklifts, buses, electric maintenance vehicles): as determined by Fleet Manager and/or the local area.
Delegations relevant to this policy
- 000234: Finance Delegation: Approve the disposal of goods, services and costs by various means including sale.
|Printable version (PDF)|
|Title||Motor vehicle disposal|
|Purpose||To govern the principles and procedures of the disposal of Motor Vehicles purchased on behalf of the Australian National University.|
|Effective Date||1 Feb 2005|
|Review Date||30 Jun 2019|
|Responsible Officer||Chief Financial Officer|
|Contact Area||Finance and Business Services|
Australian National University Act 1991