Policy: Motor vehicle disposal
- All motor vehicle disposals are subject to the provisions outlined in the motor vehicle disposal procedure.
- The University will dispose of University vehicles using one of three methods (unless specified otherwise by the Vice-Chancellor):
- Fixed price cars: pre-auction sales for ANU staff only.
- Fixed price cars: pre-auction sales.
- General vehicle auction.
- The University recommends the following changeover schedule for University vehicles:
- Pool vehicles (passenger cars): three years or 40,000km.
- Private use vehicles: two years or 40,000km.
- Former option 2 “cost model” private use vehicles: three years or 40,000 km.
- Trade / commercial vehicles: five years or 40,000km (or as agreed with the local area)
- Field work vehicles: two years or 40,000km (or as agreed with the local area)
- Specialty vehicles (forklifts, buses, electric maintenance vehicles): as determined by Fleet Manager and/or the local area.
Delegations relevant to this policy
- 000234: Finance Delegation: Approve the disposal of goods, services and costs by various means including sale.
|Printable version (PDF)|
|Title||Motor vehicle disposal|
|Purpose||To govern the principles and procedures of the disposal of Motor Vehicles purchased on behalf of the Australian National University.|
|Effective Date||30 Aug 2019|
|Review Date||17 Sep 2023|
|Responsible Officer:||Chief Financial Officer|
|Contact Area||Finance and Business Services|
Australian National University Act 1991
On 9 April 2021, the ANU Council assigned authority to approve academic policy to the Academic Board.