Policy: Motor Vehicle Disposal
- All University owned motor vehicle are disposed in accordance with the Motor Vehicle Disposal procedure.
- The University disposes University owned motor vehicles using one of three (3) methods (unless specified otherwise by the Chief Financial Officer):
- Pre-auction for the ANU Community (fixed price sale);
- Direct to dealership (fixed price sale); and
- General vehicle auction.
Delegations relevant to this policy
- 000234: Finance Delegation: Approve the disposal of goods, services and costs by various means including sale.
|Printable version (PDF)|
|Title||Motor vehicle disposal|
|Purpose||To govern the principles and procedures of the disposal of Motor Vehicles purchased on behalf of the Australian National University.|
|Effective Date||25 Aug 2022|
|Next Review Date||25 Aug 2027|
|Responsible Officer:||Chief Financial Officer|
|Contact Area||Finance and Business Services|
Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013
Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Rule 2014
Information generated and received by ANU staff in the course of conducting business on behalf of ANU is a record and should be captured by an authorised recordkeeping system. To learn more about University records and recordkeeping practice at ANU, see ANU recordkeeping and Policy: Records and archives management.