Procedure: Official sponsorships
The Notification of External Sponsorship form
- Students submit the completed and signed Notification of External Sponsorship form to the Student Finance Office (SFO), prior to the commencement of their program to register an Official Sponsorship with the University. A Notification of External Sponsorship form is not accepted where the census date has passed.
- In the absence of an official stamp or seal, sponsors submit a brief note of Intention to Pay written by the sponsor on their official letterhead. This letter accompanies the completed Notification of External Sponsorship form.
- The Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) amount being covered by the sponsor is clearly indicated on the Notification of External Sponsorship form. Sponsors note that the policy premium varies according to the OSHC cover type.
- Commonwealth supported students complete an electronic Commonwealth Assistance Form (eCAF) in ISIS (https://isis.anu.edu.au/) by the census date of their course(s).
- Students notify the SFO immediately if the official sponsorship arrangement changes.
- Students transferring to a new program or applying for admission to a new program, submit a new completed and signed Notification of External Sponsorship form to the SFO. A Notification of External Sponsorship form is valid for the program or course(s) listed on that form.
- The Notification of External Sponsorship form is not completed if the sponsor makes payments directly to the student, as it is not an official sponsorship recognised by the University.
Invoicing and payment
- Sponsors are invoiced by email each semester and session, directly by the University, for the tuition fees and charges covered by the agreed sponsorship(s). This invoice is not available for students to view in ISIS. Sponsors may receive subsequent invoices where a student alters their enrolment after the initial invoice has been issued.
- Invoices are issued in Australian Dollars only.
- Payments are made to the University in Australian Dollars within the time period specified on the invoice.
- If all fees for the current semester or session are not paid by the last day of the semester or session, the student is not:
- able to obtain results;
- permitted to enrol for any further study; or
- permitted to graduate until the outstanding debt is paid in full.
- The University reserves the right to cancel a student’s enrolment as a result of non-payment of fees.
- Fee refunds for payments made by a sponsor are returned directly to the sponsor.
- Students are responsible for arranging a partial OSHC refund to their sponsor if applicable.
Reviewable Decisions and Appeals
- The University reserves the right to decide whether a Notification of External Sponsorship form is accepted. The decision of the Registrar, Division of Student Administration and Academic Services, is final and there is no right of appeal.
|Printable version (PDF)|
|Purpose||To provide for official sponsorship of students at the University.|
|Topic/ SubTopic||Students - Finance & Fees|
|Effective Date||9 Nov 2020|
|Next Review Date||9 Nov 2025|
|Responsible Officer:||Registrar, Student Administration|
|Approved By:||Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic)|
|Contact Area||Division of Student Administration and Academic Services|
Information generated and received by ANU staff in the course of conducting business on behalf of ANU is a record and should be captured by an authorised recordkeeping system. To learn more about University records and recordkeeping practice at ANU, see ANU recordkeeping and Policy: Records and archives management.