Procedure: Official sponsorships
To provide for official sponsorship of students at the University.
- To register an official sponsorship with theUniversity, a Notification of Sponsorship Form (see 6 below) must be completed by the student and the information supplied must be verified by the sponsor.
- Failure to provide all required details will render the request null and void, and the student will be required to meet all fees and charges.
- Students who are Commonwealth Supported must complete a Request for Commonwealth Support and HECS-HELP form by the census date of their course(s).
- Students must notify the Student Finance Office immediately if the official sponsorship arrangement changes.
- Where a student transfers to a new program or applies for admission to a new program, a new Notification of Sponsorship form must be completed. A Notification of Sponsorship form is only valid for the program or course listed on that form.
The Notification of Sponsorship form
- The Notification of l Sponsorship form is available at: http://www.anu.edu.au/files/resource/notification-of-sponsorship.pdf. Completed Notification of Sponsorship forms must be lodged with the Student Finance Office, Division of Student Administration. The Notification of Sponsorship form cannot be accepted if it has not been signed by the student
- A complete and acceptable Notification of Sponsorship form must be submitted to the Student Finance Office prior to the program commencement date. A Notification of Sponsorship form cannot be accepted if the census date has passed.
- Where a completed Notification of Sponsorship form is not submitted by the census date, the student will be required to meet all fees and charges for the particular course in question.
- The Notification of Sponsorship form requires the sponsor to stamp the form with the organisation's official stamp or seal. In the instance where a sponsor does not have a stamp or seal to certify authenticity, the sponsor is required to submit a brief note of Intention to Pay written by the sponsor on their official letterhead. This letter must accompany the completed Notification of Sponsorship form.
- This form should not be filled by the sponsor if a sponsor makes payments directly to the student as it is not an official sponsorship.
Invoicing and payment
- Sponsors are invoiced by e-mail each semester, trimester or session, directly by the University, for the fees and charges covered by the agreed sponsorship(s). Payment will be required to be made in Australian Dollars within the time period specified on the invoice. The sponsored student would not be able to see this invoice on Interactive Student Information System (ISIS).
- Where Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) is being paid by a sponsor, the sponsor should note that the policy premium varies according to whether the student requires single, family or program length cover. The OSHC amount being covered must be clearly indicated on the Notification of Sponsorship form.
- It is the responsibility of the sponsored student to ensure all fees are paid on time.
- If all fees for the current teaching period are not paid by the last day of the session, the student will not:
- be able to obtain results;
- be permitted to enrol for any further study; or
- be permitted to graduate until the outstanding debt is paid in full.
- The University reserves the right to cancel a student’s enrolment because of the non-payment of fees.
- In the case of a refund being available, the refund will be returned to the sponsor and will not be provided to the student.
|Printable version (PDF)|
|Purpose||To provide for official sponsorship of students at the University.|
|Topic/ SubTopic||Students - Finance & Fees|
|Effective Date||11 Dec 2015|
|Review Date||11 Dec 2018|
|Responsible Officer||Registrar, Student Administration|
|Approved By:||Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic)|
|Contact Area||Division of Student Administration|