Policy: Student refunds
- a tuition fee deposit and/or Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) payment and where that student withdraws from the University by census date; or
- dropping a course by census date for the relevant class; or
- an overpayment; or
- an ANU approved sponsor, scholarship provider, or loan provider paying an amount directly to the University.
- 2. Student refunds are consistent with the:
- Education Services for Overseas Students Act 2000 (ESOS Act);
- The National Code of Practice for Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students 2018 (the National Code);
- The Higher Education Support Act 2003; and
- University legislation.
- 3. Student refunds are normally made in the same currency as the fees were originally paid.
|Printable version (PDF)
|This policy sets out the principles for refunds of tuition fees for students.
|Students - Finance & Fees
|25 Aug 2022
|Next Review Date
|25 Aug 2027
|Registrar, Student Administration
|Division of Student Administration and Academic Services
Higher Education Support Act 2003
Fees Rule 2017
Education Services for Overseas Students Act 2000
National Code of Practice for Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students 2018
Information generated and received by ANU staff in the course of conducting business on behalf of ANU is a record and should be captured by an authorised recordkeeping system. To learn more about University records and recordkeeping practice at ANU, see ANU recordkeeping and Policy: Records and archives management.