Policy: Student refunds
This policy sets out the principles for refunds of tuition fees for students.
This policy sets out the principles and policies for student refunds.
This policy applies to all students, and staff who administer refunds.
- Student refunds (full or partial):
- Are given where a student has paid a tuition fee deposit or paid tuition fees, and then withdraws from the program and/or course(s) prior to the relevant census dates;
- Are consistent with the:
- Education Services for Overseas Students Act 2000 (ESOS Act);
- The National Code of Practice for Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students (the National Code);
- The Higher Education Support Act 2003; and
- University legislation.
- Are normally made in the same currency as the fees were originally paid.
|Printable version (PDF)|
|Purpose||This policy sets out the principles for refunds of tuition fees for students.|
|Topic/ SubTopic||Students - Finance & Fees|
|Effective Date||20 Dec 2018|
|Review Date||20 Dec 2021|
|Responsible Officer||Registrar, Student Administration|
|Contact Area||Division of Student Administration|
Higher Education Support Act 2003
Fees Rule 2017
Education Services for Overseas Students Act 2000
National Code of Practice for Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students 2018