Policy: Student refunds
- Student refunds (full or partial):
- Are given where a student has paid a tuition fee deposit or paid tuition fees, and then withdraws from the program and/or course(s) prior to the relevant census dates;
- Are consistent with the:
- Education Services for Overseas Students Act 2000 (ESOS Act);
- The National Code of Practice for Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students (the National Code);
- The Higher Education Support Act 2003; and
- University legislation.
- Are normally made in the same currency as the fees were originally paid.
|Printable version (PDF)|
|Purpose||This policy sets out the principles for refunds of tuition fees for students.|
|Topic/ SubTopic||Students - Finance & Fees|
|Effective Date||20 Dec 2018|
|Review Date||20 Dec 2021|
|Responsible Officer:||Registrar, Student Administration|
|Contact Area||Division of Student Administration and Academic Services|
Higher Education Support Act 2003
Fees Rule 2017
Education Services for Overseas Students Act 2000
National Code of Practice for Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students 2018
On 9 April 2021, the ANU Council assigned authority to approve academic policy to the Academic Board.