Guideline: Policy Library - Frequently asked questions
- Q: How do I print a document from the Policy Library?
- A: To print a policy, procedure, standard or guideline, simply click the Printable version (PDF) web link on the right-hand side of the Information section at the bottom of the webpage. The document will open as a PDF and you can print or save. You can also use the print icon in your internet browser banner at the top right-hand side of the page.
- Q: How do I print a form?
- A: To print a form click on the Download in Microsoft format web link at the top of the form’s webpage to download the form in its original Microsoft format, that is, either Word.docx, Word.rtf, or Excel.
- Q: How do I search for a specific document in the Policy Library?
- A: There are a number of different ways you can search the Policy Library.
- You can search the Policy Library alphabetically by selecting Title in the menu bar on the left hand side of the website. This will result in an alphabetical list of all documents published to the Policy Library.
- If you know the unique ANUP document number (ANUP_000000) you can type this into the search box and only that document will appear in the results. The ANUP document number is assigned by the system when the document is uploaded and published, and is identified in the Information (metadata) section at the end of each webpage.
- You can search by keywords by typing a keyword into the search box.
- You can narrow your field of search by selecting the document type (policy, procedure, guideline, standard or form) from the sub-document bar under the results bar.
- You can also change the number of documents you wish to view by clicking the box on the right-hand side of the results bar. The default number of results is five (5) but you can choose to view 10, 15 or 20 documents on the page.
- A: You can also do an advanced search for documents.
- Click on the Advanced Search menu item in the menu bar on the left of the screen, or the Advanced Search in the results bar. An advanced search lets you find a document when you know some information including the type of document and keywords that might appear somewhere in the document, or a synonym of a word in the title of the document.
- Q: Some forms in the Policy Library seem to be missing. How do I find them?
- A: Some of the forms on the old Policy website were flagged as ‘secure ANU Only’. On request from (F&BS) and/or , some forms have not been uploaded to the Policy Library. If you are unable to find a previously listed F&BS form, you are advised to contact F&BS in the first instance.
- Q: Why does the Policy Library look different in a different browser?
- A: Different web browsers can display parts of the Policy Library differently. If a supported browser is being used, the differences should be minimal and not affect the function of the Policy Library. The Policy Library has been tested with the following browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer Version 7 and later;
- Apple Safari Version 5 and later;
- Mozilla Firefox Version 4 and later;
- Google Chrome.
- Some browsers allow for a compatibility mode to be selected so the browser operates as a different version. The following steps will allow you to turn off compatibility mode in Internet Explorer and give you a cleaner view of the Policy Library:
- Open Internet Explorer;
- Click on the browser Tools drop-down box located on the far right-hand side above the ANU banner;
- Click on Compatibility View Settings;
- Uncheck the two compatibility boxes at the bottom of the dialogue box;
- Click Close.
Reporting problems and providing feedback
- Q: How do I raise issues if I can’t find a document I am looking for, or something on the Policy Library doesn’t appear to be working?
- A: If you have any technical or operational issues or problems with the Policy Library, please log a job with the ANU IT Service Desk at https://servicedesk.anu.edu.au/sp
- If you are unable to find a document in the Policy Library please contact email@example.com for assistance.
- Q: What is the Feedback menu item used for?
- A: The feedback menu item allows you to leave a comment about the Policy Library such as how easy or difficult you find it to use. This feedback helps us to improve the usability of the site. Feedback should not be used to log technical and/or operational problems with the Policy Library. Issues of this nature should be logged with the ANU IT Service Desk at https://servicedesk.anu.edu.au/sp
- Q: I have a question about a specific policy and related documents. Who do I contact?
- A: If you require further information on, or clarification of, a specific policy document, you should contact the relevant area by clicking on the contact details in the information metadata section at the bottom of the document’s webpage.
- Q: The website link used to take me directly to a policy document but now it takes me to the Policy Library home page. Why?
- A: With the launch of the Policy Library, the location of documents has changed. The links will be progressively corrected by the website owners, but for now you can search for the document via the Policy Library. (See Searching above.)
|Printable version (PDF)|
|Title||Policy Library - Frequently asked questions|
|Purpose||To provide assistance in viewing, searching, and printing from the ANU Policies website, and what to do if you need help.|
|Topic/ SubTopic||Governance & Structure|
|Effective Date||25 Aug 2022|
|Next Review Date||25 Aug 2027|
|Responsible Officer:||Director, Corporate Governance and Risk Office|
|Approved By:||Director, Corporate Governance and Risk Office|
|Contact Area||Corporate Governance and Risk Office|
Information generated and received by ANU staff in the course of conducting business on behalf of ANU is a record and should be captured by an authorised recordkeeping system. To learn more about University records and recordkeeping practice at ANU, see ANU recordkeeping and Policy: Records and archives management.