To establish a framework for the management of staff workload.
This policy provides the guiding principles associated with workload regulations for employees of the University.
This policy applies to all staff at the University.
- The University will ensure that supervisors are aware of their responsibilities in managing workloads and staff are aware of the principles and procedures of the policy including:
- that workloads are equitable, transparent, sustainable and without risks to health and safety of staff;
- the importance of a balance between working life and family/social responsibilities;
- that there are transparent mechanisms through which workloads can be monitored and through which staff members can address issues and pursue grievances; and
- that a staff member’s inability to meet unreasonable workloads does not constitute unsatisfactory performance.
|Printable version (PDF)|
|Purpose||To establish a framework for the management of staff workload.|
|Audience||Staff, Prospective Staff, Staff-Professional|
|Topic/ SubTopic||Staff - Performance Expectations|
|Effective Date||29 Aug 2016|
|Review Date||31 Dec 2017|
|Responsible Officer||Director, Human Resources|
|Contact Area||Human Resources Division|
The Australian National University Enterprise Agreement 2013 - 2016