Procedure: Academic statements
- The University's academic statements are official documents and remain the property of the University. They are issued, reissued, altered or withdrawn at any time on the authority of and in accordance with the rules and policies of the University.
- The University issues academic statements:
- to the individual student/graduate only and not to a third party without authorisation by the student/graduate in writing unless otherwise required for official or legal (e.g. sub poena) reasons, in accordance with the Privacy Act (1988);
- in digital format through My eQuals online portal platform and/or hard copy;
- within a reasonable period in respect of inherent production timeframes.
- The University regards graduation as a public event and the University's Register of Graduates is thus a public document, and the University verifies upon request that a particular Award has been conferred upon an individual by the University.
- Academic statements which refer to Awards rescinded or surrendered under the relevant policy and procedure are destroyed upon recovery by the University.
- The content of academic statements is given in Table 1.
- Authority to amend academic statements is given in Table 2.
- The Registrar may appoint a delegate to authorise routine amendments to official academic transcripts and graduation statements that do not affect impact, such as the amendment of a web address or correction of a typographical error.
- A digital and hard-copy testamur is issued to a graduand at the time of graduation and to a graduate in a reasonable timeframe where graduation is in absentia.
- A joint testamur is issued only in the case of a formal written agreement with a partner institution(s) that is approved by the Vice-Chancellor and specifies that a joint testamur is to be issued.
- A replacement hard-copy testamur is reissued upon application and with evidence that satisfies the Registrar that the original has been permanently lost, damaged or destroyed.
- A corrected testamur is reissued on authorisation of the Registrar and only after the incorrect hard-copy testamur has been surrendered to the University and destroyed. A corrected digital testamur will rescind and replace the previous version.
- Replacement/corrected testamurs are issued in the format current at the time of reissue and state the both the date of printing as well as date of conferral. As a consequence, signatories to the replacement/corrected testamur may be different from those on the original testamur.
- A student/graduate is issued an official academic transcript either in hard copy or digitally by the University through My eQuals upon application. The issuing of an official academic transcript will rescind and replace a previous version if it exists through My eQuals.
- An official academic transcript is made available to graduates digitally by the University through My eQuals upon or after issuance of a testamur.
- Graduation statements are provided digitally by the University through My eQuals upon or after issuance of a testamur.
- Graduation statements are available only to graduates who graduated in December 2009 or later.
Joint testamur awarded for completion of a program that requires 50 percent or more of the total EFTSL to be completed at a partner institution
Joint testamur awarded for completion of a program that requires 33 to 49 percent of the total EFTSL to be completed at a partner institution
Graduation statement (as at time of graduation)
Presentation of testamurs
|Printable version (PDF)|
|Purpose||This procedure sets out the University’s processes in relation to the content, issuance and amendment of Academic Statements.|
|Effective Date||21 Dec 2017|
|Review Date||8 Jul 2023|
|Responsible Officer:||Registrar, Student Administration|
|Approved By:||Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic)|
|Contact Area||Division of Student Administration and Academic Services|
Australian Qualifications Framework
Higher Education Standards Framework (Threshold Standards) 2015