Guideline: Publishing to the Policy Library
Effective 1 December 2013 major changes were made covering policy approval and publication to the Policy Library. From that date all documents will be published by the Corporate Governance and Risk Office (CGRO), and this document provides guidelines to policy practitioners on what to provide to CGRO when requesting publication (or repeal) of a document.
The term policy practitioners includes; policy writers, drafters and reviewers, WebCenter system administrators, the University Policy Manager, Responsible Officers, and Responsible Executives.
This guideline supports the ANU Policy Governance Framework.
- All documents are published through CGRO.
- Custodianship of the policy document is retained by the relevant Service Division or other responsible area.
- No changes will be made to published or new documents, and repealed documents will not be removed, without permission of the Responsible Officer or Responsible Executive (whichever applies) of the relevant Service Division or other responsible area.
- Policy practitioners should ensure that:
- All new and revised documents for publication to the Policy Library are sent to CGRO for publication. Documentation should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All documents should be in the correct template (with correct publishable style formats) and have completed purpose, overview, scope, definition and delegations sections as identified in the template. Templates may be downloaded from the Policy governance framework webpage.
- All documents should be accompanied by either a Policy document approval form or a Policy document minor amendment approval form. Please ensure all sections are completed, otherwise CGRO cannot ensure timely publication of the policy document.
- For further guidance and advice please contact the University Policy Manager any time at email@example.com or on (02) 612 54080.