Policy: Scholarships (coursework)
The purpose of the university's Coursework Scholarships program is to attract and retain the most talented students, irrespective of their background and identities.
This policy sets out the principles for the establishment, award and administration of coursework scholarships.
All coursework scholarships offered by ANU.
Roles and Responsibilities
- The Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic) has overall responsibility for the establishment and management of all coursework scholarships within ANU. The Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic) is supported in this by the Registrar, Student Administration.
- Each scholarship has a single Scholarship Owner. The Owner coordinates with other relevant organisational units in the administration of the scholarship. The Owner is responsible for reviewing and revalidating the scholarship at least every five years.
- In the event of a dispute over a scholarship or the implementation of this policy the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic) determines the appropriate interpretation or resolution.
- ANU coursework scholarships:
- align with the strategic directions of the University;
- meet the academic standards of the University;
- meet legal requirements and comply with Australian taxation requirements for income tax emption for the recipient;
- attract and retain students on the basis of merit and/or access;
- have transparent eligibility requirements and selection criteria;
- have clear, specific objectives;
- provide a reasonable contribution towards the costs of studying at the University; and
- are sustainable to manage and monitor.
- University scholarships funded by specific organisational units or external donors are established and managed within the parameters of this policy and its associated procedures.
- Each scholarship is governed by the Conditions of Award and documentation used in the establishment of the scholarship.
|Printable version (PDF)|
|Purpose||To articulate the University’s principles and policies for coursework scholarships.|
|Audience||Students, Students-Graduate, Prospective Students, Students-Undergraduate, Staff|
|Effective Date||13 Jul 2018|
|Review Date||24 Jul 2021|
|Responsible Officer||Registrar, Student Administration|
|Contact Area||Division of Student Administration|