Policy: Student financial awards
- ANU student financial awards administered by the University:
- align with the strategic directions of the University;
- meet the academic standards of the University;
- draw to the attention of students the Australian taxation requirements for income tax exemption for the recipient and recommend students seek independent advice on taxation consequences;
- attract and retain students on the basis of merit and/or access;
- have transparent eligibility requirements and selection criteria;
- have clear, specific objectives; and
- are sustainable to manage and monitor.
- University student financial awards funded by specific organisational units or external donors are established and managed within the parameters of this policy and the Gifts and Fundraising policy and associated procedures.
- Each student financial award is governed by the Conditions of Award and documentation used in the establishment of the student financial award as outlined in the associated procedure for that student financial award.
|Printable version (PDF)
|Student Financial Awards
|To articulate the University’s principles and policies for coursework scholarships.
|Students, Students-Graduate, Prospective Students, Students-Undergraduate, Staff
|18 Nov 2022
|Next Review Date
|18 Nov 2027
|Registrar, Student Administration
|Division of Student Administration and Academic Services
Information generated and received by ANU staff in the course of conducting business on behalf of ANU is a record and should be captured by an authorised recordkeeping system. To learn more about University records and recordkeeping practice at ANU, see ANU recordkeeping and Policy: Records and archives management.