Policy: Professional and short courses
To outline the principles and standards for professional and short courses that issue certificates bearing the ANU brand.
Short and professional courses terminate with the award of a certificate bearing the ANU brand reflect the University’s standards for teaching expertise, design, delivery and evaluation.
This policy applies to all staff, students and participants.
- ANU professional and short courses:
- reflect University expertise;
- align with the strategic directions of the University and College;
- are consistent with the Higher Education Standards Framework (Threshold Standards) and privacy legislation;
- reflect standards of clarity, rigour and excellence in design, delivery, evaluation and record keeping;
- are not AQF qualifications; and
- are not eligible for funding through the Commonwealth Grant Scheme (CGS).
- A person enrolled in only a professional or short course is considered a participant. A participant who is only enrolled in a professional or short course at The ANU is not an ANU student.