Policy: Pacific Research Archives collecting
- The Pacific Research Archives actively seeks to acquire records based on the following criteria:
- geographic limitations;
- continuing research value; and
- format and condition.
- The geographic limitations on the collection policy of the Pacific Research Archives relate to the area identified by the scholarly community as the Pacific.
- The provenance of records the Pacific Research Archives seeks to acquire is broadly:
- material of scholars involved in the study of the Pacific, including but not limited to those from the ANU; or
- material of individuals, organisations and societies related to the Pacific.
Continuing research value
- The Pacific Research Archives collects materials that have continuing research value for scholars and individuals interested in the study of the Pacific region. The College of Asia and Pacific, School of Culture, History and Language supports the Pacific Research Archives through expert scholarly advice.
Format and condition
- The Pacific Research Archives accepts records in many formats including, but not limited to, paper records, printed and published material, audio-visual material, photographs, digital images and electronic documents. Records with identified conservation problems such as mould, chemical contamination or insect infestation, which threaten the preservation of the existing collection or the health of staff, are not accepted by the Pacific Research Archives until those problems are remedied.
|Printable version (PDF)|
|Title||Pacific research archives collecting|
|Purpose||To define the material which the Pacific Research Archives in the Australian National University Archives seeks to acquire for its collection.|
|Audience||Staff-Academic, Students-Graduate-Research, Staff-Academic-Research|
|Topic/ SubTopic||Information Management - Records & Archives|
|Effective Date||31 Aug 2020|
|Next Review Date||31 Aug 2023|
|Responsible Officer:||University Librarian and Director, Scholarly Information Services|
|Contact Area||Library, Archives and University Records|
Archives Act 1983
On 9 April 2021, the ANU Council assigned authority to approve academic policy to the Academic Board.