Procedure: Tuition fee setting
To outline the procedures which underpin the setting of tuition fees for ANU programs and courses.
- The Deputy Vice-Chancellor convenes a fee setting group with appropriate technical expertise, including, but not limited to, the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Global Engagement), the Registrar, the Director of Planning and Performance Management, the Chief Financial Officer or their nominees.
- The fee-setting group endorses indicative fees for the Senior Management Group.
- Senior Management Group endorses indicative fees for the ANU Finance Committee.
- ANU Finance Committee endorses indicative fees for ANU Council to note.
- The Vice-Chancellor approves indicative fees by August of the preceding year of application.
- Adjustments to reduce or increase fees for a program are made in writing to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor and noted by Senior Management Group.
- Fee adjustment requests are:
- In alignment with College and University strategic and operational plans;
- Within the proposed tiers (eg from A to B);
- Supported by an evidence-based business case (eg low lifetime graduate earning data or market research);
- Reflective of cost recovery or college agreement to underwrite losses;
- Based on a minimum EFSTL threshold for offers; and
- For a maximum of 5 years, with a review of the arrangement undertaken after that time.