Procedure: Tuition fee setting
To outline the procedures which underpin the setting of tuition fees for ANU programs and courses.
- The Deputy Vice-Chancellor convenes a fee setting group with appropriate technical expertise, including, but not limited to, the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (International Strategy ), the Registrar, the Director of Planning and Service Performance, the Chief Financial Officer or their nominees.
- The fee-setting group considers, and endorses, the proposed tuition fees for the Senior Management Group.
- Adjustments to reduce or increase tuition fees for a program are made in writing to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor and noted by Senior Management Group.
- Senior Management Group endorses the proposed tuition fees for the ANU Finance Committee.
- ANU Finance Committee endorses the proposed tuition fees for the VC to approve.
- The Vice-Chancellor approves proposed tuition fees by August of the preceding year of application.
- ANU Council note the VC approval of the tuition fees.
- Tuition fee adjustment requests are:
- In alignment with College and University strategic and operational plans;
- Supported by an evidence-based business case (e.g. low lifetime graduate earning data or market research);
- Reflective of cost recovery or college agreement to underwrite losses;
- Based on a minimum EFSTL threshold for offers; and
- For a maximum of 5 years, with a review of the arrangement undertaken after that time.
|Printable version (PDF)|
|Title||Tuition fee setting|
|Purpose||To outline the procedures which underpin the setting of tuition fees for ANU programs and courses.|
|Topic/ SubTopic||Students - Finance & Fees|
|Effective Date||28 May 2021|
|Next Review Date||28 May 2026|
|Responsible Officer:||Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic)|
|Contact Area||Office of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic)|
Fees Rule 2017
Higher Education Support Act 2003
Information generated and received by ANU staff in the course of conducting business on behalf of ANU is a record and should be captured by an authorised recordkeeping system. To learn more about University records and recordkeeping practice at ANU, see ANU recordkeeping and Policy: Records and archives management.