Policy: ANU Carshare scheme
- sets out the principles for University personnel to access the ANU Carshare scheme; and
- fulfils the University’s duty of care obligations.
The ANU Carshare scheme provides University personnel with access to a fleet of shared vehicles.
ANU Carshare vehicles may be accessed by all University personnel for private use and University staff and Higher Degree by Research (HDR) students for business use.
The ANU Carshare scheme is fully outsourced to an external provider.
This policy applies across the University.
Business use means purposes that arise out of, or in the course of, a person’s employment with the University and a Business user means a University employee or HDR student who uses a vehicle for Business use.
Driver obligations means the terms and conditions applying to a Business user.
External provider means GreenShareCar (GSC) as the party contracted to the University to provide Vehicles for the ANU Carshare scheme.
Member User Agreement (MUA) means the terms and conditions applying to private use of a vehicle.
Private use means purposes that are not arising out of, or in the course of, a person’s employment and Private user means any University personnel who use a vehicle for private use.
University personnel means employees, contractors, subcontractors, students, persons of interest and authorised persons who have a current University ID number.
- University staff and Higher Degree by Research students are authorised to access the ANU Carshare scheme for business use upon acceptance of the external provider’s driver obligations which includes provision of a valid driver licence.
- Business users are to comply with applicable University policies, including the University’s Workplace Health & Safety (WHS) policy, Travel policy and Code of Conduct policy and subordinate procedures (Work health and safety incident management).
- Private users are authorised to access the scheme for private use by entering into MUA with the external provider. This agreement is solely between GSC and the Private user.
|Printable version (PDF)|
|Title||ANU Carshare scheme|
|Purpose||This policy: sets out the principles for University Personnel to access the ANU Carshare scheme; and fulfils the University’s duty of care obligations.|
|Audience||Staff, Students-Graduate-Research, Prospective Staff, Staff-Academic, Students, Alumni, Staff-Academic-Research, Students-Undergraduate, Staff-Professional, Students-Graduate|
|Topic/ SubTopic||Travel & Transport - Vehicles|
|Effective Date||22 Jan 2018|
|Review Date||1 Feb 2019|
|Responsible Officer||Chief Financial Officer|
|Contact Area||Finance and Business Services|