Policy: Recording of teaching activities
To make the recording of teaching activities available to students enrolled in a program of study; and through appropriate publication enhance the course experience of all students in particular those with diverse learning needs.
This policy describes the recording of scheduled teaching activities which when published provide all students (enrolled in the course) with flexible access to essential learning content.
This Policy applies to teaching activities, constituent of an ANU course and represented in the University timetable.
Course – a subject of scholarly study, as defined in the glossary, https://policies.anu.edu.au/ppl/document/ANUP_002601
Teaching Activity – an instance of a class being taught, constituent of an ANU course and represented in the University timetable
University timetable – the ANU class timetable, listing the times and venues for teaching activities, as published at https://timetable.anu.edu.au
- ANU ensures that students have access to teaching materials through a range of mechanisms that:
- Enhance the student learning experience;
- Provide additional access to education materials for students;
- Enable staff to improve the delivery of their teaching services; and
- Ensure compliance with obligations under relevant legislation including disability legislation and the Higher Education Standards Framework (Threshold Standards)
- These mechanisms recognise the diversity of student need and assist in the facilitation of education for:
- Students with accessibility requirements
- Students with neurodiversity
- Part-time students
- Remote location students
- Students catching up on the occasional missed teaching event or clarifying content
- Students with a clash in their timetable
- Students with language backgrounds other than English
- Students revising for exams and completing assignments
- Students with significant commitments
- Non-residential students
|Printable version (PDF)|
|Title||Recording of teaching activities|
|Purpose||To make the content of teaching activities available to students through a variety of mediums.|
|Topic/ SubTopic||Teaching & Learning|
|Effective Date||29 Nov 2022|
|Next Review Date||29 Nov 2023|
|Responsible Officer:||Registrar, Student Administration|
|Contact Area||Division of Student Administration and Academic Services|
Information generated and received by ANU staff in the course of conducting business on behalf of ANU is a record and should be captured by an authorised recordkeeping system. To learn more about University records and recordkeeping practice at ANU, see ANU recordkeeping and Policy: Records and archives management.