Policy: Education agent management and engagement
This policy sets out the principles for engaging with education agents.
This management and engagement policy framework covers the identification, appointment, management, review, and conclusion of relationships with agents.
This policy applies to all agreements with education agents, both onshore and offshore.
Leads refer to prospective students
Lead- generation activities refer to marketing and advertising activities undertaken to promote ANU to prospective students
- ANU engages and manages agents to:
- Support the University’s student recruitment objectives;
- Provide clarity in management responsibility both internally and to education agents;
- Ensure the University and prospective students receive high levels of service;
- Ensure transparent, fair and ethical dealings;
- Ensure the payment of commissions are for the receipt of value adding services; and
- Maintain compliance with ANU policy frameworks, values, and broader legislative requirements.
- Education agents provide the following core services for ANU:
- Multi-city, in-country support for student markets to undertake lead-generation activities and assist with conversion of agent-developed leads;
- In-country presence in new and emerging markets where ANU is not able to provide ongoing support;
- Assist and provide pathway ‘leads’ to ANU;
- Undertaking visa risk integrity checks prior to the submission of applications to ANU; and
- Market intelligence reporting including trends, program popularity and demand to inform future recruitment strategy development.
|Printable version (PDF)|
|Title||Education Agent Management and Engagement|
|Purpose||This policy sets out the principles for engaging with education agents.|
|Audience||Prospective Students, Students, Staff|
|Effective Date||11 Aug 2016|
|Review Date||31 Aug 2019|
|Responsible Officer||Director, Student Recruitment and Admissions|
|Contact Area||Division of Student Recruitment and Admissions|
Education Services for Overseas Students Act 2000 - National Code 2007
Education Services for Overseas Students Act 2000