Policy: Volunteers in support of alumni relations and philanthropy
To define the principles for volunteer support of the University’s alumni relations and philanthropy strategies.
This policy outlines the principles by which individual volunteers and/or groups of volunteers help ANU engage with alumni and/or potential donors to the University.
University management and executive staff seeking to engage identified individual volunteers or groups of volunteers in support of alumni programs and/or philanthropy, or staff providing administrative and/or specialist fundraising support to volunteers for this purpose.
- Individual volunteers and groups of volunteers:
- contribute time, effort and expertise without remuneration in support of the University’s alumni relations and philanthropy strategies;
- endorse, advocate, contribute to and protect the University’s reputation;
- enable ANU and its constituent Colleges and Schools to harness the respect, credibility and contacts of senior people within its network in furthering its strategy; and
- have written terms of reference which define reporting lines, expectations, work health and safety obligations, and support mechanisms.
- Groups of volunteers:
- are established and maintained where the potential collective contribution can be demonstrated, and where appropriate development and administrative support can be provided;
- operate within simple, streamlined governance structures, which are reviewed regularly.
|Printable version (PDF)|
|Title||Volunteers in support of alumni relations and philanthropy|
|Purpose||To define the principles for volunteer support of the University’s alumni relations and philanthropy strategies.|
|Audience||Staff, Students, Alumni, Affiliates|
|Topic/ SubTopic||Community & Development - Alumni Relations|
|Effective Date||26 Jul 2017|
|Review Date||26 Jul 2020|
|Responsible Officer||Director, Alumni Relations and Philanthropy|
|Contact Area||Alumni Relations and Philanthropy|
The Australian National University Endowment for Excellence Statute 2012
The Australian National University Endowment for Excellence Rules 2012