Policy: Volunteers in support of Advancement
To define the principles for volunteer support of the University’s alumni relations and philanthropy strategies.
This policy outlines the principles by which individual volunteers and/or groups of volunteers help ANU engage with alumni and/or potential donors to the University.
University management and executive staff seeking to engage identified individual volunteers or groups of volunteers in support of alumni programs and/or philanthropy, or staff providing administrative and/or specialist fundraising support to volunteers for this purpose.
Individual volunteers and groups of volunteers:
- contribute time, effort and expertise without remuneration in support of the University’s alumni relations and philanthropy strategies;
- endorse, advocate, contribute to and protect the University’s reputation;
- enable ANU and its constituent Colleges and Schools to harness the respect, credibility and contacts of senior people within its network in furthering its strategy; and
- have written terms of reference which define reporting lines, expectations, work health and safety obligations, and support mechanisms.
Groups of volunteers:
- are established and maintained where the potential collective contribution can be demonstrated, and where appropriate development and administrative support can be provided;
- operate within simple, streamlined governance structures, which are reviewed regularly.
|Printable version (PDF)|
|Title||Volunteers in support of Advancement|
|Purpose||To define the principles for volunteer support of the University’s alumni relations and philanthropy strategies.|
|Audience||Staff, Students, Alumni, Affiliates|
|Topic/ SubTopic||Community & Development - Alumni Relations|
|Effective Date||26 Jul 2017|
|Review Date||26 Jul 2020|
|Responsible Officer||Director, Alumni Relations and Philanthropy|
|Contact Area||Alumni Relations and Philanthropy|
The Australian National University Endowment for Excellence Statute 2012
The Australian National University Endowment for Excellence Rules 2012