Policy: Qualification requirements for teaching staff
To set out the University's policy in relation to qualification requirements for teaching and supervisory staff.
Teachers, supervisors and staff who oversee teaching and supervisory activities must be appropriately qualified in the relevant discipline in order to provide excellence in education.
This policy applies across formal teaching and supervisory roles.
- Teachers, supervisors and staff who oversee teaching and supervisory activities are appropriately qualified in the relevant discipline to provide excellence in education for the level of the Award being undertaken.
- Doctoral candidates are prioritised where the University’s students are employed as teachers in order to maximise opportunities for development of skills which will enable candidates to be high-quality teachers in their future careers.
- The policy and procedure are consistent with:
- The Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF);
- The Higher Education Standards Framework (Threshold Standards); and
- The University’s Research Awards Rule.
|Printable version (PDF)|
|Title||Qualifications requirements for teaching staff|
|Purpose||To set out the University's policy in relation to qualification requirements for teaching and supervisory staff.|
|Audience||Staff-Academic, Prospective Staff|
|Topic/ SubTopic||Staff - Performance Expectations|
|Effective Date||3 Apr 2017|
|Review Date||3 Apr 2020|
|Responsible Officer||Registrar, Student Administration|
|Contact Area||Division of Student Administration|
Higher Education Standards Framework (Threshold Standards) 2015
Research Awards Rule 2017