Policy: Qualification requirements for teaching staff
- Teachers, supervisors and staff who oversee teaching and supervisory activities are appropriately qualified in the relevant discipline to provide excellence in education for the level of the Award being undertaken.
- Doctoral candidates are prioritised where the University’s students are employed as teachers in order to maximise opportunities for development of skills which will enable candidates to be high-quality teachers in their future careers.
- The policy and procedure are consistent with:
- The Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF);
- The Higher Education Standards Framework (Threshold Standards); and
- The University’s Research Awards Rule.
|Printable version (PDF)|
|Title||Qualifications requirements for teaching staff|
|Purpose||To set out the University's policy in relation to qualification requirements for teaching and supervisory staff.|
|Audience||Staff-Academic, Prospective Staff|
|Topic/ SubTopic||Staff - Performance Expectations|
|Effective Date||3 Apr 2017|
|Next Review Date||3 Apr 2020|
|Responsible Officer:||Registrar, Student Administration|
|Contact Area||Division of Student Administration and Academic Services|
Higher Education Standards Framework (Threshold Standards) 2021
Research Awards Rule 2017
On 9 April 2021, the ANU Council assigned authority to approve academic policy to the Academic Board.