Procedure: University services feedback
- Feedback or complaints; or
- Ideas for improvement.
The online feedback form is not to be used for service requests or incident notifications. Submissions which are instances covered by the following University policies and legislation does not constitute feedback and will be redirected through the appropriate channel:
- Staff consultation policy
- Staff grievance resolution policy
- Unsatisfactory performance and misconduct policy
- Work health and safety policy
- Student surveys and evaluations policy
- Student complaint resolution policy
- Public Interest Disclosure
- University Statutes, Rules, and Orders
- All feedback received through the online feedback form is assigned to a Service Lead. The Service Lead is responsible, for ensuring a response to feedback within the timeframes in this procedure, regardless of whether the service was experienced in a Division or a College.
- The Service Lead is responsible for identifying submissions received which do not meet the definition of “feedback” under the University Services Feedback policy and directing them to the appropriate channel.
- The Service Lead may appoint a Feedback Respondent, either within the Division or in a College, to investigate or respond to feedback.
- The University community is responsible for submitting feedback which is constructive, provided in good faith and free from offensive, degrading or insulting comments.
- The Planning and Performance Measurement Division is responsible for delivering reporting dashboards for the Chief Operating Officer to facilitate monitoring of feedback received and the responsiveness of Service Leads.
- The Chief Operating Officer is responsible for monitoring Service Lead responsiveness and the University community’s satisfaction with the feedback response process.
- The feedback receipt and response process is outlined in the feedback flowchart.
- Feedback submissions made through the online feedback form are directed to the appropriate Service Lead as determined by the category of feedback. The feedback categories table defines the Service Lead assigned to each category.
- Members of the University community making a submission receive an acknowledgement of their feedback and are notified of the assigned Service Lead and Feedback Respondent within 3 business days of making a submission.
- Feedback is responded to within 10 business days. A response may constitute:
- A resolution to a problem;
- A change to a process or system;
- An acknowledgement of a compliment;
- An interaction with a member of the University community to explain how their suggested solution fits into a future program of work for change or improvement; or
- An interaction with a member of the University community to explain why the University cannot make changes of the nature suggested.
- Feedback Respondents will have the appropriate skills and knowledge to handle and respond to feedback with professionalism.
- Members of the University community submitting feedback are provided an opportunity to express whether they are satisfied or not with the process of responding to feedback and the outcome determined.
- A record of all submissions received through the online feedback form and responses will be retained in the University’s Electronic Record Management System.
|Printable version (PDF)|
|Title||University services feedback|
|Purpose||To describe the University’s procedures for receiving, responding to and monitoring feedback on University services received through the University’s online feedback form.|
|Audience||Staff, Students, Affiliates|
|Effective Date||29 Jan 2018|
|Review Date||29 Jan 2021|
|Responsible Officer||Director, Service Improvement Group|
|Contact Area||Service Improvement Group|