Policy: Class summary
- ANU coursework classes have summaries that are:
- In alignment with the strategic directions of the University;
- Consistent with the Higher Education Standards Framework (Threshold Standards);
- Consistent with the academic standards of the University, as set out in University policies; and
- Provided to students in an accessible and timely fashion.
Provision of Class Summaries
- Every student enrolled in a coursework course at ANU is given access to current and accurate information about that particular course for each teaching period and published on the University's online handbook, Programs and Courses, class summary page. Students are able to access that information no later than two weeks prior to the start of teaching of the relevant class.
- When changes to the class summary template in the Curriculum Management System are required, the consultation process is managed by the Academic Standards and Quality Office.
- The Academic Quality Assurance Committee approves changes to the class summary template.
|Printable version (PDF)|
|Purpose||To describe the standards which underpin the University’s provision of coursework class summaries.|
|Audience||Staff-Academic, Students, Students-Graduate-Coursework, Students-Distance, Prospective Students, Students-Undergraduate, Students-Graduate-Research, Staff, Staff-Professional, Students-Graduate|
|Topic/ SubTopic||Teaching & Learning|
|Effective Date||31 Aug 2018|
|Review Date||31 Aug 2021|
|Responsible Officer:||Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic)|
|Approved By:||Academic Board|
|Contact Area||Division of Student Administration and Academic Services|
Higher Education Standards Framework (Threshold Standards) 2021
On 9 April 2021, the ANU Council assigned authority to approve academic policy to the Academic Board.