Policy: Class summary
To describe the standards which underpin the University’s provision of coursework class summaries.
Guidance for provision of class summaries for each coursework course instance in a teaching period.
This policy applies across the University.
- ANU coursework classes have summaries that are:
- In alignment with the strategic directions of the University;
- Consistent with the Higher Education Standards Framework (Threshold Standards);
- Consistent with the academic standards of the University, as set out in University policies; and
- Provided to students in an accessible and timely fashion.
Provision of Class Summaries
- Every student enrolled in a coursework course at ANU is given access to current and accurate information about that particular course for each teaching period and published on the University's online handbook, Programs and Courses, class summary page. Students are able to access that information no later than two weeks prior to the start of teaching of the relevant class.
- When changes to the class summary template in the Curriculum Management System are required, the consultation process is managed by the Academic Standards and Quality Office.
- The Academic Quality Assurance Committee approves changes to the class summary template.
|Printable version (PDF)|
|Purpose||To describe the standards which underpin the University’s provision of coursework class summaries.|
|Audience||Staff-Academic, Students, Students-Graduate-Coursework, Students-Distance, Prospective Students, Students-Undergraduate, Students-Graduate-Research, Staff, Staff-Professional, Students-Graduate|
|Topic/ SubTopic||Teaching & Learning|
|Effective Date||28 Jun 2022|
|Next Review Date||27 Jun 2027|
|Responsible Officer:||Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic)|
|Approved By:||Academic Board|
|Contact Area||Division of Student Administration and Academic Services|
Higher Education Standards Framework (Threshold Standards) 2021
Information generated and received by ANU staff in the course of conducting business on behalf of ANU is a record and should be captured by an authorised recordkeeping system. To learn more about University records and recordkeeping practice at ANU, see ANU recordkeeping and Policy: Records and archives management.