Policy: Late withdrawal
This policy sets out the principles for late withdrawal of enrolment.
This policy applies to all students applying for a late withdrawal of their enrolment.
This policy applies to all students, and the staff who administer late withdrawals.
- The University approves applications for late withdrawal:
- In accordance with the Higher Education Support Act 2003;
- Where students encounter unavoidable and unexpected extenuating circumstances that impede their successful completion of a course, and
- Where students demonstrate that those unavoidable and unexpected extenuating circumstances:
- are beyond their control; and
- did not make their full impact until on or after the census date; and
- made it impracticable to complete the course requirements.
|Printable version (PDF)|
|Purpose||This policy sets out the principles for late withdrawal of enrolment and applies to all students, and the staff who administer late withdrawals.|
|Topic/ SubTopic||Teaching & Learning|
|Effective Date||20 Dec 2018|
|Review Date||20 Dec 2021|
|Responsible Officer||Registrar, Student Administration|
|Contact Area||Division of Student Administration|
Education Services for Overseas Students Act 2000
National Code of Practice for Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students 2018
Fees Rule 2017
Higher Education Support Act 2003