Guideline: Submission of Honours and Higher Degree: by Research (HDR) programs Master of Philosophy, Professional Doctorate, or Doctor of Philosophy to Open Research
- This guideline provides implementation to the Open Access Policy and Open Access Research Procedure.
- The ANU Open Access policy requires the deposit of the following in the Open Research repository:
- Higher Degree by Research (HDR) programs Master of Philosophy, Professional Doctorate, or Doctor of Philosophy student theses – immediately upon completion (noting automated deposit through the Research Student Milestone eForm via ISIS, where Notification of Intent (NOI) to Submit has been lodged after June 2018; and
- Honours theses where these have been approved for submission by the relevant Head of School and copyright clearances have been obtained.
- Honours theses are deposited through the ANU Open Research system with appropriate permissions.
- This guideline outlines the responsibilities of Open Research, academic staff and Honours and Masters by Research students.
Open Research Responsibilities
- The ANU Open Research service provides:
- advice and support to students and staff regarding the deposit of theses;
- support for allocation of researcher identity, eg.ORCID;
- training and advice on research data management and DMPTool, the University’s data management planning service;and
- management of ANU Open Research repository.
- Staff supporting honours students:
- advise students commencing their Honours program that all Masters by Research and Honours can be deposited in the Open Research repository if approved by the relevant Head of School and copyright permissions have been obtained;
- refer students to the Contribute your Thesis information page and ensure they use the associated form to deposit their theses; and
- notify Open Research staff before graduation the students who are required to submit theses to the repository.
- Honours students:
- ensure that permissions are obtained for use of third party material in theses;
- when notified by academic or departmental staff that deposit of their thesis is required, will use the Contribute your digital thesis form to deposit their theses and provide permissions;
- ensure that any amendments recommended by examiners are addressed before submission of the thesis.
Who to contact for help
- For assistance, contact the Open Research staff.
|Printable version (PDF)
|Submission of Honours and Higher Degree by Research (HDR) programs Master of Philosophy, Professional Doctorate, or Doctor of Philosophy to Open Research
|The purpose of this guideline is to provide information to enable Honours theses to be submitted to the Open Research repository consistent with the Open access policy and procedure.
|30 Jul 2020
|Next Review Date
|29 Jul 2025
|University Librarian and Director, Scholarly Information Services
|Library, Archives and University Records
Information generated and received by ANU staff in the course of conducting business on behalf of ANU is a record and should be captured by an authorised recordkeeping system. To learn more about University records and recordkeeping practice at ANU, see ANU recordkeeping and Policy: Records and archives management.